Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
Another Tire Question

I am replacing all 6 tires on my 98 Alpine. How do I determine the appropriate Load Factor (G or H)? It has GY Gs now and the tires are over 8 years old. Any reason for me to pay up for H?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

florida egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
I replaced the G rated tires on ours with G rated tires. Our early coaches are light enough that even fully loaded there is plenty of safety margin.

The above post is just my experience/opinion which is worth exactly what you paid for it.

'05 Lance 845/'06 F-250 or '99 Alpine 36SDS Usually towing an '01 Wrangler locked on 35"s or moderate '98 Cherokee on 33"s (rear locker only)
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
You will need to know the final loaded weight of your rig. I four corner weight is best. Each tire capacity must match or exceed the load in that position assuming your total rig weight is with in the limits of the rig to begin with
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Alpine Owners Club
The G rated tires will work just fine. Consult the tire pressure/maximum weight table for the tire brand you get to make sure you have the correct air pressure for the weight and tire.
'99 Alpine Coach
Jeff and Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #5

I agree with Dave and Jeff, there is no advantage to paying the extra for H rated tires and the downside is that the ride will be a little firmer. I just replaced all mine 2 days ago at a Love's truck stop and got Yokohama 103ZR (not stocked so I ordered them ahead of time). $100 cheaper than the Michelin XZE2 equivalent (at the FMCA Advantage Program price) plus they gave me $75 each for my old tires. Another option you can add to the 50 other suggestions you will get from other owners.
John and Mary Knight
2015 Ventana 4311, 2015 Cadillac SRX
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote