Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2007, 04:00 PM   #1

Wasn't going to post til our problem was resolved - my service rep at Uhlmann's called shortly after I posted - Max from WRV called him about the problem - he suggested we cure the leak by capping off the hose and installing the manual lifters with a key lock on the engine door. I agreed - don't need the auto lifter - but I am waiting for the parts to get to Uhlmanns - so we have a resoulution but it is not in place yet - I will post again when they are installed and let you know how it works. Brazel's wanted the rig onsite to pull the line and then order --- the rig has been at Uhlmann's most of the time since our purchase - we have "borrowed" it for a weekend or two but then had to take it back on our way home to continue getting all the stuff done. We have a Labor Day outing planned for Silverwood and our football season is starting soon - I have my fingers crossed that this is the last of the repairs for awhile (at least a week or two). I am hoping to pick it up either this Sat or next.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Our rig is at Uhlmann's RV in Chehalis for replacement of the hydralic hose that controls the engine hatch. Uhlmann's has called WRV 3 days in a row asking that they FAX the diagram of the hoses so that they can find the end in the clump at the opposite end to no avail --- I have to say I am really disappointed in their Customer Service. We purchased this 1998 and I am certain that I will keep an eye on what's going on with WRV when it comes time to upgrade. At this point with all the problems I see and the response to this problem I am inclined to RUN very fast away ----- if there are any WRV reps that frequent this forum - can someone please light a fire under Customer Service!!!! They didn't even bother to call back to say there would be a delay in faxing the info or that it was a "Good luck in finding the other end!" Is there such a diagram? Ok, I've vented --- I wanted to be able to pick up the coach this weekend -- and by the way - I'm having Uhlmann's pull the hose and get a heavy duty one made --- not a cheap one like the original --- :-)

2001 Jeep Wrangler
Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2007, 04:00 PM   #2

Wasn't going to post til our problem was resolved - my service rep at Uhlmann's called shortly after I posted - Max from WRV called him about the problem - he suggested we cure the leak by capping off the hose and installing the manual lifters with a key lock on the engine door. I agreed - don't need the auto lifter - but I am waiting for the parts to get to Uhlmanns - so we have a resoulution but it is not in place yet - I will post again when they are installed and let you know how it works. Brazel's wanted the rig onsite to pull the line and then order --- the rig has been at Uhlmann's most of the time since our purchase - we have "borrowed" it for a weekend or two but then had to take it back on our way home to continue getting all the stuff done. We have a Labor Day outing planned for Silverwood and our football season is starting soon - I have my fingers crossed that this is the last of the repairs for awhile (at least a week or two). I am hoping to pick it up either this Sat or next.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>
Our rig is at Uhlmann's RV in Chehalis for replacement of the hydralic hose that controls the engine hatch. Uhlmann's has called WRV 3 days in a row asking that they FAX the diagram of the hoses so that they can find the end in the clump at the opposite end to no avail --- I have to say I am really disappointed in their Customer Service. We purchased this 1998 and I am certain that I will keep an eye on what's going on with WRV when it comes time to upgrade. At this point with all the problems I see and the response to this problem I am inclined to RUN very fast away ----- if there are any WRV reps that frequent this forum - can someone please light a fire under Customer Service!!!! They didn't even bother to call back to say there would be a delay in faxing the info or that it was a "Good luck in finding the other end!" Is there such a diagram? Ok, I've vented --- I wanted to be able to pick up the coach this weekend -- and by the way - I'm having Uhlmann's pull the hose and get a heavy duty one made --- not a cheap one like the original --- :-)

2001 Jeep Wrangler
Old 07-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #3

Out of curiousity did the original cheap hose that Alpine used, did it last 9 years? Good luck on having a better hose made.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #4

Actually don't know if this was the original or not - the coach didn't have any repair records with it - the leak is right by the metal ending of the hose - going to get a high pressure industrial hose made to fit - I base my hose opinion on the comments of others that have complained on this forum - As we have to replace hoses we will go with a higher grade.

2001 Jeep Wrangler
Old 07-21-2007, 04:20 AM   #5

If the hoses are original, I agree with Ted.
9 years is outstanding for a hose. Even if under pressure only periodically.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:34 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Virginia and Steve,

When you have the new hose(s), could you let me know where you got it (them)? I think a bit of preventative maintainance might be in my best interest. At the Life on Wheels Conference in Moscow ID recently, I was having problems with my levelers and with the slide. Everything was mooving too slowly and I had to manually lower the right-side jacks. This is all suggestive of not enough fluid in the system. Which, if this is the correct, means a leak.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:45 PM   #7

Customer service stinks at wrv. I've been waiting 3 weeks to get paint codes and it took 4 weeks to get parts ordered that will take 6 to 8 week to get. Somebody should wake those people up.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:39 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Hi All,

If you are experiencing delays getting stuff/information from WRV's customer service, I would strongly recommend that you escalate the problem to Dave Kamppi, Asst CS Manager, or Phil Mattoon, CS Manager. I firmly believe that if you don't tell these folks, things will not get better, even though I know Ron and Burk read IRV2 every day. They can't do everything, so you need to bring it to the attention of the managers closest to the problem.

Just my 2 cents for whatever it is worth.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #9

Gail & John,
I think your 2 cents is worth a heck of a lot more than that and I for one appreciate all the help that you both offer. Thanks for your participation. It is greatly needed.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:03 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks, Ted, for your kind words. I always hope I am contributing positively.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:16 PM   #11

RE: Support
In White Bear Lake MN. at a Cummins Coach Care w/ inverter problems, They had no problem getting immediate response from WRV for tech info.
alpinerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:50 PM   #12

I've had many, way too many, calls to WRV lately requesting information or parts or ? and have learned that the only way I get results is to hound them to death. I ask for a time when they'll get back to me and if they don't I call and hold them to it. I've found way too often that they use the "I'll get right back to you" speech which means as soon as I hang up I'll answer another call. It's a shame to have to elevate issues like this up to Dave or Phil but that does seem to work.

Fly'n Paws
2005 Alpine Avalanche

2016 Newmar Ventana
Fly'n Paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:23 AM   #13

We are having the same issue. Today will be the 6th call in 3 weeks to get a new arm for the front door and a driver's side window ordered.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:36 AM   #14

Well - Uhlmann's gave up on trying to fix the hose - they took it to the place where they were going to get the hose made to see if they could shorten it and just put a new connector on - no go - (I have my opinions about what all has transpired in them trying to get it fixed) - anyway - I told them to button it up and we will pick up the coach on Sat and see if we can find someplace to replace/repair the hose - Thank goodness it is a small leak --- Any suggestions for repair spots will be appreciated. I will be checking around in Tacoma too - I just can't believe it has to be this hard. It's not like this is the only hose that has leaked and it is the first replace/repair ever!!! LOL

2001 Jeep Wrangler