Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:00 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Hello All, Picked up my APEX coach today 2007-New. The tech went through the Silverleaft system and how it all works, and by the time I got home, it went all out of my brain. The dealer did not have the correct Owners Manual for the APEX, and gave me a Limited SE one instead. Does anyone have the APEX manual, and does it outline how the silverleaf system works. I have the silverleaf monitoring manual, but the rest of it is a blur. Tomorrow I am going to look over it, treat the batter terminals, check some bolt tightness, etc. Going to write down all the serial numbers of the componenets, stuff like that. GF is overwhelmed by the whole thing, and did not realise it was so big. It drives like a dream, much better the the Pickup and 5th wheel we used to have, now if we can only get our stuff back into it, and organized in such a way, the GF does not feel overwhelmed by it all.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2008, 11:00 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Hello All, Picked up my APEX coach today 2007-New. The tech went through the Silverleaft system and how it all works, and by the time I got home, it went all out of my brain. The dealer did not have the correct Owners Manual for the APEX, and gave me a Limited SE one instead. Does anyone have the APEX manual, and does it outline how the silverleaf system works. I have the silverleaf monitoring manual, but the rest of it is a blur. Tomorrow I am going to look over it, treat the batter terminals, check some bolt tightness, etc. Going to write down all the serial numbers of the componenets, stuff like that. GF is overwhelmed by the whole thing, and did not realise it was so big. It drives like a dream, much better the the Pickup and 5th wheel we used to have, now if we can only get our stuff back into it, and organized in such a way, the GF does not feel overwhelmed by it all.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:07 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Rv'er,
Unless they came out with a Silverleaf Manual mome of us got one. If you have questions immediately give me a call 619-392-8775 or tomorrow call Silverleaf at 888-741-0259. They are very gracious in patiently reexplaining things when I need it.

Sully

40' MD Apex
Paul "Sully" Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Hello and thank you. I need to sit down and play with the system, where if I push the wrong button, I won't hurt the coach, house or any plants.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:04 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Well today after moving the coach up away from the house some, using the little panel near the drivers area, I was able to get things to work. Experience is the best teacher. The LCD Tv part of the system still does not work, but I just need to learn how to reset it. Thank you again for all the information. I have another question, so will post it here. I was told by the dealer, the rear bedroom closet doors are held closed by air pressure when the coach is running, or going down the road. Mine dont work as advertised, any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:12 AM   #6

Thats a new one for me. On our Apex it has the plastic clips that break if you don't push in on the mirror frame gently when openning. I have seen a better system on the Tiffen

Jim
Old 05-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Service tech from Uhlmann RV called me last evening (on his day off), and explained that I turn on the LCD with the Dell Remote, and run the silverleaf with the silverleaf remote. Now it's doing what it should. Wish the dishwasher would stay locked when unhooking shore power from the coach. Complicated locking as well, took me several tries to get it to lock. Finally (ROFLMAO) read the book, to find locking procedure. Need to sit down and just go through the pubs, fill out those warranty cards, etc. Will do that once I get to my destination.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #8

midflajim it's not on yours call me I lost your #
Old 05-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
The dishwasher in your Apex does not run off the inverter so you must lock it before you disconnect shore power or turn off the gen set. We turn off the circuit breaker for the dishwasher after its locked, that way if the A/C turns the gen set on when we are traveling the dishwasher will not open.
I hope this helps.

2006 Alpine Apex 40' MDTS
Coin-Op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coin-Op:
The dishwasher in your Apex does not run off the inverter so you must lock it before you disconnect shore power or turn off the gen set. We turn off the circuit breaker for the dishwasher after its locked, that way if the A/C turns the gen set on when we are traveling the dishwasher will not open.
I hope this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not sure your Alpine has the same model Dishdrawer my Newmar has (a DS603i), but have you checked to see if you can modify the electronic options on yours so that it automatically locks? Ours is configured so that it locks whenever it's closed. To open, you can just tug it once and wait for it to unlock itself OR press the power button and it unlocks, then you can open the drawer.

Might be MORE of a hassle, since it involves an extra step every time you want to put something into it, but it saves us the hassle of having to worry about it along with all the other "packing-up-and-going" chores... especially since it requires re-plugging to shore power or firing up the generator to get it locked again.

If you don't have your manual, you can check on the Fisher & Paykel site here:

Fisher & Paykel Manuals

Just a thought.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:40 AM   #11

On our 2006 Limited, our Fisher-Paykel dishwasher runs off the inverter as well as shore power. We run down the road with our inverter on and dishwasher circuit breaker on to keep the dishwasher locked.

The way our dishwasher locks is that, with inverter or shore power on, we hold the left button on the front panel down until we hear six beeps. After the six beeps, we hear a gear mechanism locking the dish drawer. To unlock we hold the same left button down until we hear the same gear mechanism unlock the drawer completely. It takes somewhere between 3 and 6 beeps to unlock the dishwasher.

We also attach a bungee cord around the drawer handle and the front towel holder on the range top as a safety mechanism. We used to do this before we figured out how to lock the dish drawer, and it would come open when traveling. Since we learned the locking procedure above, however, our drawer has never come open.
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Hmmm, the dishwasher does not run of the inverter in our coach, it does run when Shore power is hooked up and on, or the generator is running. But someone posted the correct lock procedure and that seems to have fixed my confusion on how it works. It does however, unlock itself when AC or Gen takes over the load, or when load shifts. Once I lock it, while plugged in for instance, it will stay locked if I have the inverter in standby, so it takes over coach power needs once I unplug. Knowledge is power, this group is great.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #13

we have manuals here for your vms400 (unit in the dash) and a manual for your HMS-TV (unit displayed on the overhead TV)... I am going to start putting together some sort of an apex specific instruction & troubleshooting guide for all of you apexers in my spare time..hopefully I can have something done by the st. paul FMCA show... feel free to come check in with us at the booth and we can get you a manual or you can call the office @ (541)967-8111 and we can mail you one....
Old 06-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
I downloaded the VMS400 manual, and finally got the tech to tell me how to run the TV display, so I am now up to speed. Once you figure it out or run it one time, I usually don't forget. I don't think I will be at the St Paul event, but if you want to e-mail me the TV manual, I would appreciate it a lot. APEX's are a different breed of cat, but once I get used to it, I am sure I can fix the things or figure out how to make them work.