Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Hello All,
Dealer said closet doors are held closed by air pressure switch when engine is running or moving down road. What ever system is employed does not hold them closed and so they slide back and forth when turning, etc. I am going to look over the system, any hints or was he smoking something and I missed it?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Hello All,
Dealer said closet doors are held closed by air pressure switch when engine is running or moving down road. What ever system is employed does not hold them closed and so they slide back and forth when turning, etc. I am going to look over the system, any hints or was he smoking something and I missed it?

Old 05-12-2008, 06:56 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
I have found these "latches" to be VERY sensitive to the door height. I have adjusted the doors to be very close to the top and then they work fine. The adjusters are on the bottom, back side of the doors. They are also used to align the door to the side of the opening when the door is closed. You will probably find that once a door is aligned for its side it will be off when slid to the other side. To release the door after you have stopped and have applied the parking brake, move the door one way then the other and it will become free. If you are parked on a sideways angle, it can be hard to get the doors to stay put until you release the park brake.

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:55 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Thank you for the information, have not gotten to fix it yet, that is tonights issue along with the main door not locking with the Key Fob.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Hello, this evening I adjusted the doors up very close to the top. I will know if they work when we leave for our trip. I will update this once I have tested them. Thank you for the tip. OBTW it was easy to do.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #6

I had the same problem with mine. Since I was under warranty, I took it to the local authorized repair facility. They informed me that replacement wheels are no longer available. They put in new spacers, adjusted and said that it works best if both doors are on the passanger side while in transit. As you probably can guess, guess who paid for the authorized warranty work.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:15 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
well, it worked sort of. They don't fly open, but neither do they stay closed all the way. I am going to live with it this way until I can spend the time necessary to figure out how the system works, and then fix it once and for all. Other things are a larger priority.