Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #15

Basil, couple other questions. If you move the W/D to the bathroom does it take up any more room then the sink etc.? And, When you said tile all the way through did you mean the bedroom also?

Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2005, 04:04 PM   #16

Moving the W/D is an interesting departure, as it involves fairly complex manufacturing revisions. Looking @ the WRV plumbing schematic (and electrical will be similarly affected), the WRV way of life w/fixed floor plans allows compilation of detailed parts lists including length-of-cut info for plumbing lines, piece count for all fittings, etc. that make mfg cost competitive.
Moving the W/D affects a lot of stuff that will now be one-off applications (consider the cabinetry). That ain't cheap. IIRC, Country Coach allows custom floor planning, but only in the $500K+ range of coach.
Is WRV making that an optional floor plan? That would explain it. It will be interesting to watch the Apex roll out unfold.

As to the basement storage, if we don't see something like that from the competition soon, Apex's will start selling like hotcakes. I wonder how the weather seals are on the top edge, but otherwise I drool.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:07 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
Wheeler,

I can tell you that the APEX does ust the Waste master. Electric dump valves are located on the street side; you can see the green dump handle on the hose in the lower right corner of the service bay. The hose retracts automatically on this system. The large door in the center of the panel swings open as oposed to being stuck on with velcro.

Production models will have panel mounted pressure gauges for the RO system, so you won't see the current plumbing above the filters.

I have been salivating over this rig for some time; however, I haven't figured out how to use my basement TV with the drawer configuration. I would miss that feature. I also have a large mechanic's tool box mounted to a drawer in the rear bay that would not be useable with the APEX set up. Maybe I won't need all the tools???

The residential refrigerator also has water and ice on the door (great RO water and clear ice).

Vagabondman
VAGABONDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:43 AM   #18

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you move the W/D to the bathroom does it take up any more room then the sink etc.? And, When you said tile all the way through did you mean the bedroom also? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was told that I would lose a couple of inches in the toilet to make room for the Splendide. We saw no use for a sink in the toilet. Good grief, there is another one just outside the door. They also have to move the toilet window aft or a wall will be in the middle of it.

Yes, we put tile in the bedroom and would have covered the dining room slide if it were possible. We have a hard time keeping carpet clean and plan to use a few expendible throw rugs from Wally World to keep our feet warm. Our other home in Texas is all tile so we are used to this.Clean by running a dust mop or wet mop once in a while.

Stopped at Granite Lake RV Park in Clarkston, WA looking out the window at the Snake River as I type. Great park!
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:59 AM   #19

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
COMPUTER DESK IN DINING SLIDE:

Somebody is putting a rather extensive computer desk in the Apex dining slide made by Davis Cabinets in Junction City, OR. Contact me. Are there sketches or pictures available yet?

We hope to put our tower, flat screen monitor & printer in this area but can't envision how it could be done. I did run ethernet cables from the front of the coach where the Datastorm stuff will live back to the dining room slide and the bedroom where Sue will use the laptop with her computerized embroidery machine. I also plan to keep the wireless setup we have now for use outside and other locations in the coach.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:09 AM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">VAGABONDMAN </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Will the RO system in the Apex be automatic?

How many gallons a day will it produce at the 40 psi regulated water pressure coming into the coach? I realize there are other factors involved.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:51 AM   #21

Can't tell you the exact water production but I do know that with the advanced Silverleaf you can tell the system when you want h2o replenished. For instance when the tank is 50% empty it will automatically fill etc.
Datastorm #3481
Old 09-14-2005, 05:33 AM   #22

Vagabondman<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have been salivating over this rig for some time; however, I haven't figured out how to use my basement TV with the drawer configuration. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet you could buy a lift mechanism, build a protective cabinet around it and mount it in the storage drawer. Press a button on a remote control and the tv could rise above the top of the storage drawer. Lots of companies make them.
http://www.televisionlifts.com/image...Catalog_05.pdf
Old 09-14-2005, 04:13 PM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
That's a great idea! I've been wanting to install a flat panel tv in the basement; I'll bet I can make a pivot mechanism that will rotate the TV 90 degrees as it comes up above the slide drawer. This way I can leave the drawer almost closed. Thanks for the idea Basil.

Vagabondman
Old 09-14-2005, 04:40 PM   #24

Alpine Owners Club
Basil and Sue,

'Sorry for the delay in responding. I had my right knee replaced yesterday and have been pretty doped up.

The vagabond system in the APEX will be controlled by Silverleaf. You will be able to tell it what level to start making water and when to shut off. Production is dependent on water temperature andpressure. The membrane is rated at 300 gallons per day at 100psi and 70 degrees F. At 40 psi and 60 degrees F, I expext you will get 6 gallons per hour. At 80 psi, I get 11gph. I would not run the system behind the pressure regulator in your coach. You will be much happier with all the pressure available.

Vagabondman
Old 09-15-2005, 01:45 PM   #25

Basil & Sue, I had the oportunity to chat with Burk Morgan for a few hours the other day and he certainly confirmed that your Apex as well as the others are magnificent. I certainly wish you all the luck in the world. It is a beauty.
Congratulations.

Ted
2005 Alpine 34'
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:10 AM   #26

Hello!

Just checking in with you! have recevied all the infomation you needed on the Apex? I would be happy to help you out if you still have question.

Rich
Old 09-25-2005, 05:19 PM   #27

How much pressure can the system in the Apex take? In other rigs it seems to be between forty and sixty?
Datastorm #3481
Old 09-26-2005, 11:07 AM   #28

Alpines use 1/2" poly tubing (PEX to those in the know) w/compression fittings. I can tell you from much experience over the last weekend (been working on a custom install of the Vagabond RO system) that they get the fittings good & tight. "Theoretically" the stuff is good for 100 psi working pressure; new system specs call for pressure testing to double the operating or 200 max. IIRC WRV's CPU team (customer delivery, not manufacturing) does a timed pressure test, tho I'm sure to much less than double the expected working pressure.

Theory departs from reality somewhat in most systems. There is a strainer just ahead of the SureFlo water pressure pump that I wouldn't trust @ 100, and would worry about at 70. If a fitting gets overstressed in assembly, it would 'present' as doctors say, a leak @ ~40+ (maybe plus a lot if its only tweaked a bit).

The SureFlo pressure delivery is good, tho not dramatic. We get plenty of water on it from the tank, which is why we plan on running the tank full of RO water @ all times & running off the pump, instead of living off city water & pressure. Good water, plenty of pressure, and we can always switch to city water in a pinch.