Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
We have the apex coach 2007, which has a keyless entry and a keypad next to the door. I assumed the instructions were in the owners manual, but the dealer did not have an APEX manual, he had a Limited SE manual. It does not describe or explain the keyless entry keypad programing, or anything. I have not been able to go through the rest of the manuals, except transmission and engine. So if there is a seperate one, I have not found it. If it's part of the APEX manual (if there is one), please post the instructions here, or provide contact information and I will call or write you for it. Thank you in advance. Will check forum tomorrow morning to see if there are any updates.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
We have the apex coach 2007, which has a keyless entry and a keypad next to the door. I assumed the instructions were in the owners manual, but the dealer did not have an APEX manual, he had a Limited SE manual. It does not describe or explain the keyless entry keypad programing, or anything. I have not been able to go through the rest of the manuals, except transmission and engine. So if there is a seperate one, I have not found it. If it's part of the APEX manual (if there is one), please post the instructions here, or provide contact information and I will call or write you for it. Thank you in advance. Will check forum tomorrow morning to see if there are any updates.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:40 AM   #3

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
Trimark Corp has downloadable manuals on their website keyless entry

Unfortunately, there is no listing for Alpine. Check the number on the RF module behind the removable panel at the entry:
Part number 22794-02 is the new configuration and the manual is the same as a 2007 Beaver Contessa.

Part number 20460-02 is the old configuration (no longer available). Call the phone number listed and order manual UM02-19571-02

My old configuration system quit on me and the RF module I got under warranty is the new configuration which is totally different.I am now trying to match up wire functions to adapt the new module into my installation. Their tech support people are tied up on new govt contracts. Small outfit I guess.

PM me. I have lots of Apex information to share.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:07 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you so much, it turns out this most likely is the information I need. In addition, it looks like Alpine has the handles this company markets or makes, so I downloaded that brochure as well. I will let you know how it all turns out.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:55 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Downloaded the instructions, and tried to assign code. It would not ever give me a completed signal. Ran out of time and will mess with this after I get someplace I will set for a while. Must have missed something in the setup. For now, I was able to adjust the keyless feature and the door locks, I still set the deadbolt when I leave however.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:36 AM   #6

Good luck on getting a response from Tri Mark. I have tried several times to get further instructions on how to program a replacement fob transmitter to no avail. Their customer service stinks. Any company is only as good as their worst performer, and unfortunately they have some duds lurking at the front door.
yudamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:25 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RVersOnline
On our '07 LE we've had issues too -- often solved temporarily with a bit of a bang with my fist from the outside near the keypad. However we were able to successfully reprogram using Izzy's written instructions which were:

Programming Keyless Entry for Alpine Front Door

1. Open door.
2. Press and hold 5/6 buttton until it beeps
3. Press the 1/2 7/8 button 5 times -- it will give a long beep that will continue until you do #4
4. Enter the 1/2 button once
5. Enter the five number code (NNNNN) twice.
6. Close door
7. press the 1/2 key to lock door
Enter the 5 number code, plus the 7/8 key, to unlock from keypad.

[I can't recall how I interpreted step #3, but it did work...]
Old 05-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #8

Thanks. Do you know of any instructions for programming a new fob to the keyless lock system?
Old 05-19-2008, 05:23 PM   #9

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
Try paragraph 6 of Keyless Entry Installation Procedures
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:14 AM   #10

Thanks. I read this at their web site, but have no idea how you plug the fob into 2 separate connections at once. There must be a cable set for this, but their tech support refuses to respond to requests for info or call me back.