Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:21 PM   #1

We have an 06 Apex. We have had a continuing problem with the Silverleaf since shortly after leaving from the factory delivery. The most frustrating problems have dealt with the water auto fill feature and the tank monitoring feature. We could not auto fill and the tank monitor was never correct. We are on a 3 month cross country trip and need help. Silverleaf sent us a new data sender and a new fresh water sensor. Still the same problems. Any Apex owners out there to help us out? Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2006, 06:21 PM   #2

We have an 06 Apex. We have had a continuing problem with the Silverleaf since shortly after leaving from the factory delivery. The most frustrating problems have dealt with the water auto fill feature and the tank monitoring feature. We could not auto fill and the tank monitor was never correct. We are on a 3 month cross country trip and need help. Silverleaf sent us a new data sender and a new fresh water sensor. Still the same problems. Any Apex owners out there to help us out? Thanks

Old 07-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #3

Oh that sounds familiar, we too have experienced similar problems. On the water situation we "fooled" the computer and ran the water low on purpose. Then the computer thought that it then had to fill and it did all the way to the top. We seem to have a fixit fairy or something because lots of things happen and then seem to auto-correct. It has worked fine ever since.
How are you guys, I believe it was our coach that you looked at in QZ.
Hope you are enjoying yours as much as we do ours.
Take care,
Lyle & Cath
APEX 1
Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:26 PM   #4

Yes, Lyle & Cath, we did have the fortune of touring your Apex at QZ. We are on a 3 month trip...will be in Charlotte for the pre-rally Aug 8-13. Will you be there? We are hoping WRV techs who will be there will be able to help us out. We did try draining the tank all the way down, and it did auto fill all the way back, but then the same problem occurred. The fresh tank never shows the correct level. The time/day and outside temp features didn't work either, but Silverleaf had us remove the plug from the outside temp sensor (the small plug in the rear of the sensor) as they said the unit was not made to read outside temperatures and when we left that plug out, the storage temp and time/date feature work. According to them, the outside temp sensor (which comes out thru the bottom of the compartment where the gray/black tanks are located) corrodes the data sender ultimately causing no data to be transferred to the Silverleaf monitor on the dash and TV. Nice to hear from you. Take care, Steve and Richard (and 86 yr old George)
Old 07-29-2006, 01:41 PM   #5

We, too, are having SilverLeaf problems and hope a tech will be at the PreRally to help. Our problems concerns the intergration with the SmarTire. I wrote a long post under Audrey and John's post on "10 Smart Tires."

Any suggestions anyone has will be appreciated.

Beverly and Buddy
Old 07-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #6

S&R- Does the incorrect tank reading correspond to any of your tank levels? Our black & grey tank senders are reversed; you may have the same "condition." Just a thought. Mike
Old 07-30-2006, 08:18 PM   #7

Mike, As far as we can determine, the only tank level that is wrong is the fresh water tank...this despite having Silverleaf send us a new data sender and a new sensor for the fresh water tank. We also have a very difficult time auto filling unless the water tank is completely empty.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:53 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
I plummed in a line that by passes the solonoids that open to fill tank and put a value on it.Of course it has't failed sence.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:46 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
You can cal. your tanks using the monitor on the dash.I also put in a new outside temp prob and sealed it.Its worked great ever since.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #10

Guys,

We had the same problem and we switched the grey and fresh leads at the terminal box on the left side of the black 7 grey tank bay. This fooled the computer and allowed the tank to fill w/o the auto shut off. Since then Silverleaf sent me a new terminal box, it has the computer card in it, and since then it has worked fine.

WRV should give us all a handfull of tank sensors, I've replaced 3 so far.

Sully
Old 08-03-2006, 07:40 PM   #11

Sully, by "terminal box" do you mean the data sender velcroed in the side of the compartment to the rear of the rear smart bed...the compartment where the gray and black tanks are located? Silverleaf sent us a new one of those and a fresh water sensor a couple of weeks ago...we still have improper readings on the fresh tank and an auto fill that doesn't fill. And Bob, we've known about the calibration...we've tried changing those numbers...still makes no difference. To say we are frustrated with this is putting in mildly! Frankly, it's getting very old climbing into the smart bed to visually look at the water level in the tank several times every day (and them bumping my head on the galley slide out on the way out...ouch!) Hopefully, the WRV folks will help us out at the Charlotte pre-rally next week.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #12

Yes, that is the box I was refering to. Sorry it has taken so long to respond, we just got back in the States.

Call Silverleaf and have them walk you through recalibration, I will be calling them tomorrow for the same thing. They sent me a new data sender and sensors and I have one that is incorrect.

Good luck and let me know how it works,

Sully
Old 08-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #13

We have had I believe all the Silverleaf problems that have been mentioned on the forum. So we just took the coach to Silverleaf in Albany, OR. Spent over 8 hours there with people working steady on the system. Everything that could be updated was, new sensor, etc. Everyone was very pleasant and were bound and determined to make it right. They did! All problems are gone and all the new updates are in place. I would urge anyone who can get to Albany to make the trip. It will be worth it, at least it was for us.
Lyle & Cath
Apex 1
Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:00 AM   #14

Thanks, Lyle and Cath. When we were at the Alpine pre-rally in North Carolina, we spoke with a rep from Silverleaf. As a result, we are going to Albany, OR on our way back home to California in early October.