Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:19 AM   #1

Apex Wardrobe Door Stops

I have an Apex with automatic wardrobe door locks that do not lock. They never worked and I was told when I bought the coach from Guarantee that they could not fix them. They installed the plastic clips on the side frames that hold the doors from sliding, but they are constantly breaking. Does anyone know how I can repair the automatic door locks on my wardrobe doors?

Jim

40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2011, 01:31 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
I bought two dowels and use those to lock the door while traveling after not being able to fix the air locks.

40' MD Apex
Paul "Sully" Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #3

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Bear View Post
I have an Apex with automatic wardrobe door locks that do not lock. They never worked and I was told when I bought the coach from Guarantee that they could not fix them. They installed the plastic clips on the side frames that hold the doors from sliding, but they are constantly breaking. Does anyone know how I can repair the automatic door locks on my wardrobe doors?

Jim
WRV did some kind of adjustment on mine back when the coach was new. When the parking brake is released, the two air lines in the top of the closet door are pressurized and push a stop against the door roller stopping it from moving. I would start there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_1514 (2).jpg
Views:	53
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	15756  
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #4

Basil
Do your doors work now?

JIM
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #5

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Bear View Post
Basil
Do your doors work now? JIM
The doors never move when we are moving so the system is working. I am not sure where the other end of the air tubes are, somewhere up front.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Ok - On the bottom of each door, at each end of the door is a complicated looking thing, which has a screw. This is a height adjustment screw, which raises up the door so the "air lock" actually works as it should. Mine did not when we purchased the coach, but adjusting up the door fixed the problem.

Once the "Yellow Handle" has been pulled which engages the parking/emergency brake, this releases the lock on the door and it can open especially if parked on a hill when one side of the coach is lower/higher than the other. Adjusting the screws mentioned above where the door has a tad but of resistance in rolling on the track will somewhat minimize this problem, but not eliminate it completely.

So I took some 1/2" PEX water pipe, and some pipe insulation for 1/2" pipe (don’t open up the insulation, slip the PEX inside the hole of the insulation) and put the PEX into the insulation after cutting it to the size of the track when the doors are both closed, and in travel, and now when stopping the door does not open until I take the little door stop out. It has not jumped out of the place I put it even going through CA as their roads have gotten real bad over the last few years. Montana also is pretty rough and it stayed in then as well. If you want to look it over we are going to be at DRR this year.

Tags
door