Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Apex with No TM102 Data

It all started with a bad water pump, which I replaced. Then the 2nd pump stopped and I could not turn the pump to off with either the momentary switches or the VMS. I rebooted the computer and got all zero readouts on house side on the screens. I have tried shutting down all power (including disconnecting the negative terminals on the battery) and rebooting again. Again no change.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix without replacing the TM102?
?
I think the TM102 is shot and needs replaced.
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #2

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Bear View Post
It all started with a bad water pump, which I replaced. Then the 2nd pump stopped and I could not turn the pump to off with either the momentary switches or the VMS. I rebooted the computer and got all zero readouts on house side on the screens. I have tried shutting down all power (including disconnecting the negative terminals on the battery) and rebooting again. Again no change.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix without replacing the TM102?
?
I think the TM102 tank monitors shot and needs replaced.
Jim, it sounds like the TM102 has lost communication with the rest of the system. Since rebooting did not help, you might try disconnecting the data cable from the box, wait a few minutes and plug it back in. If all else fails, Silverleaf might have some other ideas.

After 6 or more pump failures the first year or two we had the coach, I installed an accumulator tank and never had another problem.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
I have never called the DW a TM102 but I am always losing the communications and data connection. How do you disconnect the data cable from the voice box so I can reboot? Does anyone have an instruction/spec sheet for this process?
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
After discussing my problem with Mark from Silverleaf, he determined that there is a short in the TM102. I had no power to the TM102 and with instructions from Mark repowered from a seperate source and the TM102 blew the fuse. There is an internal fuse in the TM102 but for some reason it malfunctioned.

A new TM102 is on the way.

Dave, I don't know what the DW controls. If you call Mark at Silverleaf, he knows these units inside out.

The TM102 monitors holding tanks, Gen Start, water pump, fresh water, the jacks, slides and a few other house items. It is the house side control unit for the Silverleaf. The reboot can be done by removing power to the unit and if working properly will reboot when power is reapplied to the unit.
40FT FDFS #75725
Old 06-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Please get a non 888 number for S/L and post it here. 800 numbers don't work in Canada or Mexico I don't think.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
The # for Silverleaf is 541-967-8111.
I agree that the Manufacurers should provide a local # for international calling. Dave Fernandize was able to find it for me after a few hours.

FYI Silverleaf opens at 7 AM if you ever need to contact them early.
40FT FDFS #75725
Old 06-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you for the number. I had the same thing happen to me right after we purchased the coach, they updated it and fixed it for free. Then after the wreck in 2012, all the S/L Boxes had to be changed because of the new inverter, and one pin in the dashboard unit was bent or something and it kept losing data from the Vansco and stuff. Stopped by SL on the way home, and they fixed it, and I found a bug in their software for them, and so it was a wash on the labor since we traded fixes. It seems to lose the VMS-TV data more frequently now than it used to, but it works better when it's working than it used to so no complaints. I think I need to fix that solenoid in the back battery compartment and once that is done, things will be right.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fernandez View Post
I have never called the DW a TM102 but I am always losing the communications and data connection. How do you disconnect the data cable from the voice box so I can reboot? Does anyone have an instruction/spec sheet for this process?
Sure hope the DW does not read these postings!! You might be in deep "you know what"...again!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Bear View Post
The # for Silverleaf is 541-967-8111.
I agree that the Manufacurers should provide a local # for international calling. Dave Fernandize was able to find it for me after a few hours.

FYI Silverleaf opens at 7 AM if you ever need to contact them early.
Sure hope you got everything fixed and are caught up with the others by now!!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #10

If your Apex style Silverleaf controls fail (either wholesale or on a single device, say water pump or fresh tank fill), you can rig a bypass for the device using the attached schematic
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SilverLeaf Bypass Circuit 6.6.13.pdf (358.0 KB, 52 views)
Old 06-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
We finally fixed the Silverleaf/jack problem. I had Alaska RV look at the coach today and they found a 15 amp mini fuse in the battery compartment that was bad. The fuse was very corroded with dust and grime and blown. The fuse fixed the problem. After I got the coach back to the RV park, I removed all the fuses one at a time and cleaned the connection and fuses. The hole terminal was very dirty. All seem to be working now. (Fingers Crossed) The terminal is not marked and I have no idea what else that terminal controls. I bought some extra mini fuses in various amps and will include this terminal when looking for problems in the future.
40FT FDFS #75725
Old 06-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
NO-IX-ID Special A - is the electrical industry's solution for corrosion on electrical parts, connections and the like. I use it on my battery terminals, and all exposed electrical connections and fuses outside of the coach. I have had no corroded connections period. You can search on the net for a source.