Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #15
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sorry about spelling its from my cell to big of fingers

highsticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #16
Alpine Owners Club
Some points to ponder for those of you new or new to alpine units. When plugging into shore Power, make sure the breaker on the panel at the shore power hookup is off, plug in the coach, then turn on the power at the breaker. No one can plug in a 50A plug and make sure all the legs hit the contacts at exactly the same time. By doing it the above way, nothing gets missed. Failed boards, and other things are a direct result of hooking up or removing power the wrong way. To disconnect from SP, first turn off the breaker at the shore power pedestal, then unplug the coach, leave the breaker off.

No idea what year your rig is, so don't exactly know which board you are talking about. Different models were placed into Alpines over the years as HH/AQH made improvements to their units.

Cummins would have been my last choice for HH work, great on engines, great on some brake issues, and working HWH systems, but my guess none of their techs are HH certified. HH's are complex units, and as such need someone working on them who has been to factory training, such as myself and a few others herein. It may have been nothing more than a lose wire, since the newer units have at least 100 of them going into very tiny "saker blocks (brand name) on the board" It takes a tiny flat blade screwdriver to tighten them. I found many on my coach lose, since WRV's electrical QA was terrible. Then the newer boards will have diagnostic lights which then tell you what is wrong, and for you to check different things. So if there was a lose wire, you paid for a board you did not need, and it in fact the board was bad, then again, a lose wire most likely caused the problem, unless you don't plug in, and disconnect from SP like I mentioned above.

One other point, do a search herein for Generator wiring issues, and or generator fires, because WRV again used the incorrect wire nuts on the power leads coming from the genset to the house connection, and they fall off and can cause a fire, another area of concern here. In fact, checking every wire connection you can get access too is not a bad idea, you own an earthquake going down the road, things shake lose.

Hope the above helps.

Monty & Janet - 2007 Alpine APEX 40 MDTS
S/N - 75715 - Retired - Master Certified RV Tech
Old Rv'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #17
I've never checked my gen wiring splice. Its held together by luck & wishful thinking.
Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #18
Old RiverYour 9-26-13memo #16 again refers to WRV using incorrect wire nuts as you have done several times in the past. Would you please give us the beenefit of your knowledge by describing correct wire nuts. Thanks Waterdog4315

Waterdog4315 is offline   Reply With Quote