Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:36 AM   #1

It seems that it's been a long time since we have heard from Audrey and John. I hope that they are okay. Does anybody know?

Beverly and Buddy

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2007, 07:36 AM   #2

It seems that it's been a long time since we have heard from Audrey and John. I hope that they are okay. Does anybody know?

Beverly and Buddy

Old 08-11-2007, 08:28 AM   #3

Was just wondering the same yesterday.
Wayne, don't you run into them occasionally?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #4

If anyone hears from Audrey and John please let us know.
Thank you
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:17 PM   #5

We spent a few days visiting with them in February. I suspect they may have traded up from their Alpine. They were starting to look around at that time. The radiator issue was not a pleasant experience.

We hope to run into them on our way to Brownsville this fall.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #6

Thanks Wayne for the reply. If and when you do know something, let us know. I have suspected for some time that they had probably traded their Alpine. Would love to hear about them, anyway.

We can certainly understand, as we are pretty discouraged about ours. We have been on this extended trip and seem to keep having one problem after another. As we got ready to leave the factory, the air bags wouldn't fill. Fortunately, we were there, and they replaced the control for that.

Then, our refrigerator finally went out, and we had a week's delay waiting on the cooling unit. Fortunately, California Trailer & RV Sales in REdding,CA worked us in and fixed it. Because of the complicated wiring and no labeling of same, they said they would never do another one. The manager at JGW RV Park was so nice to let us store our frozen goods.
Now we have another problem, which Buddy has worked on all day. As it is not resolved, think I'll put a post and ask for ideas.

Mike, I feel for you and wife. If we have a major slide problem, I know for sure we will we getting out of the Alpine ownership. Yes, they all have problems, but not THIS many problems. I do know people who take trouble free trips, and we've never had one yet.

Beverly and Buddy
Old 08-14-2007, 07:35 PM   #7

Here we are! Sorry we have not participated in the forum for a while. We're following the Lewis and Clark Trail; currently in Omaha NE.

Other than the annual service in May, our Alpine Coach seems to be holding together; knock on wood.

The plastic Hydro-hot drain valve assembly began leaking in July so I replaced it with brass. In our case, the assembly was simply loose at the connection to the brass nipple that comes out of the steel tank.

John
Old 08-15-2007, 05:16 AM   #8

Audrey & John, nice to hear from you. We started to worry. Glad the coach is doing well and you sound as if you are having a great time. John I won't ask as to why you are the one signing the letter. Hi Audrey
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #9

Audrey and John,

Glad to hear from you and that things are going well. We are doing the Lewis and Clark trail return.

We are in Billings,MT. with an appt. at Cummins tomorrow. Buddy thinks the u-joint or carrier bearing may be going out. Hope all is well and we can get on the road.

In spite of problems, we still like the Alpine. Looked at the new ones (I'll put my opinion under the New Coach heading) and other brands at the Rally in Redmond. Still came back liking the Alpine the best.

Beverly and Buddy