Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2019, 07:52 PM   #1

Are drivers side windows available anywhere

2004 38FDTS looking for a driver side window mine is all fogged up or is there anyway to clean inside of the dual pain ? Thanks in advance.
Nopork is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2019, 08:28 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Dave Root does Fogged window repair here on the West Coast. He is based in Bend Oregon but may still go to Southern California/Quartzsite during the winter. RV Fog Doctor in Searcy Arkansas does good work also Suncoast Designers in Florida. Also check with shops that do glass replacement. Peninsula Glass in Battleground WA does replacement glass. They will measure and build windows to fit whatever frame you have. There are likely shops in So. Cal. that will do one or the other. Happy hunting.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:47 PM   #3

I've read on here that some people get a glass shop to replace the fogged panes with a single pane of laminated glass. You never have to deal with it fogging again. Might be cheaper than repairing the existing double pane.

Irishguy
irishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:57 AM   #4

RV Glass Solutions Coburg, Ore.

www.rvglassexperts.com/‎(888) 777-6778

This place will de-fog and reseal your dual pane windows- One year warranty.
Or they will install new single pane glass. Lifetime Warranty

Price is about the same for each process.
If you are a US military veteran they will give you a 10% discount.

Website now appears to offer service in all areas.
gmcgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:41 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
We are located in Southern California and used Auto Glass Boss (to defog and reseal our windows) out of Mesa, AZ. Phone # (480) 962-3886. I believe they service most of the southwestern part of the country. We were happy with their workmanship, pricing and quick onsite mobile service... Good Luck!
Old 09-02-2019, 08:11 AM   #6

If you're adventurous and handy, see post 12 in this thread.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/ther...is-457832.html
Old 09-02-2019, 08:22 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Laminated glass for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopork View Post
2004 38FDTS looking for a driver side window mine is all fogged up or is there anyway to clean inside of the dual pain ? Thanks in advance.
My 2012 has both driver and passenger windows that started to fog last year. The deterioration is fast once it happens. Very disappointed in the windows for what the up-charge cost was. Mine windows were manufactured by Hehr.

I am going to RV Glass Solutions in Elkhart, IN. next week to have both sides converted to laminated. In speaking to RV Glass, the fact that they only offer a two year warranty on insulated repairs show that insulated will leak again. There comment was "it's just a matter of time when the insulated will leak again:. They are not like home insulated window's and there is no gass within the panes as in a residential window. Laminated will have a lifetime warranty. Also, the R value is trivial on insulated ( refer to this article ) Clearing the Fog | MotorHome Magazine

I will post how the replacement process went and findings.

Good luck with your decision.
Mike & Karen. 2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34 SBD, Toad is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Copperhead Pearl . Blue Ox base plate with Roadmaster Nighthawk towbar with RVibrake2 Auxiliary Braking System and EEZTIRE TPMS. CHF, rear track bar and Safe T Steer. FMCA Member.
SmokyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:29 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
If you want a new window, and they are Hehr, yes you can get a new window. Special order only. However, the drivers window I ordered was so poorly put together I sent it back.
Much of the information for the window is on the clamp ring. You would need to remove the screws, pull the clamp....making sure the window doesn't fall out and there is a tag. You may need to pull the window for additional information on the tag on the window frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hehr Clamp Ring Tag.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	258853   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hehr Window Tag.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	258854  

Old 09-02-2019, 09:14 PM   #9
JWT

Alpine Owners Club
I used Master Glass to defog my 10’ long window on my ‘05 Alpine fdds. I store mine in Corona at my shop and Mike came out removed it and re installed it, if I remember right it was 5 days to a week from start to finish. Mike will come out to your location. His phone # is (909) 821-8085 , good luck.

Tags
driver, wind, window