Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #1

SOS. We have just finished fueling, and when trying to start the engine,nothing worked. The gen slide was nearly in when everything stopped. The starter selenoid will click, but nothing on the panel in the rear compartment lights up. We've tried simple things like making sure battery connections are okay, etc.

Has anyone had this happened? Can you help us?

Maybe it is something simple (we hope)>

Beverly and Buddy
Buddy and Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #2

SOS. We have just finished fueling, and when trying to start the engine,nothing worked. The gen slide was nearly in when everything stopped. The starter selenoid will click, but nothing on the panel in the rear compartment lights up. We've tried simple things like making sure battery connections are okay, etc.

Has anyone had this happened? Can you help us?

Maybe it is something simple (we hope)>

Beverly and Buddy
Old 04-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #3

Beverly and Buddy,

Since everything stopped when the gen slide was almost in, that suggests that a fuse or breaker shorted at the time. Have you checked all fuses and breakers? Do you have a volt meter to check power at various points from the battery to the ignition switch? Have you tried powering down and up the Vansco multiplexor with the switch in the battery compartment? Perhaps, the starter solenoid went bad; I had that happen to my 2001 Alpine.
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #4

Dale,

Thanks for your reply. We ended up calling Coach Net. A mobile tech was sent out. The problem was due to the gen slide. Upon retracting the gen slide, a wire got pinched and shorted out against the frame. He got us fixed and on our way.

This was our first experience using Coach Net, and it was a good one. The mobile tech was from A-1 Towing in Valdosta, Ga; and he was a good one.

At first, the tech from Coach Net said they would send the mobile, but we would be responsible for parts and labor. Of course, we said, "No problem." In a few minutes he called back and had spoken with someone from Western RV and was told that WRV would take care of all charges. That was a pleasant surprise. (It was also a surprise that someone was available from WRV on Sunday).

Thanks to Coach Net and to WRV for coming thru promptly.

So, I guess the bugs aren't quite out.

Now, when we tried the TV tonight, the sound won't work; but that belongs somewhere else.

Beverly and Buddy
Old 04-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #5

Buddy & Beverly, great that you got going and what a pleasant surprise. I would have to think WRV has a pipeline into Coach-Net.
Why are you complaing about the sound on the TV, they never worked anyway, know you have a picture and you want sound to. Don't get pushy.
Wonderful that you got taken care of. Enjoy yourselves and relax.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #6

Ted III,

Now do you really think I'll ever be able to "relax" at a fuel pump again?

As for the tv, tonight we only get a picture on "air" tv, not cable. I probably need to find the posts about people replacing their systems with a "real" tv.

Beverly
Old 04-07-2008, 02:35 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Not being familiar with Alpine's, why would the generator slide be out while fueling?

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:45 AM   #8

The Gen slide is out because the fuel fill is inside that area. Fill can be done from either side. It is a nice setup as you have no fill doors on the outside of the coach.

Ted
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:57 AM   #9

Once again I see the response by WRV and I like it. The new WRV team has got it in gear and is moving forward. MY check to Coach Net is going in the mail today. Glad your problem was solved that easy.

"05" 40ft FDTS
cschemanske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #10

Question on Coach Net. With that service do you need to belong to the Good Sam Towing service? Another thing, does it cover your towed vehicle?
lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #11

Lundy.......Coach Net is all you need and they do cover towed vehicle. They are recommended by FMCA. We signed up at FMCA Rally in Pomona after alot of research.
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:55 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Lundy,
I believe Coach-Net cover you no matter what vehicle you are driving.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #13

This great group is amazing! When I found my cell phone charger and charged my phone today, I had voice mail messages from Dale Gerstel and Burk Morgan. (As my phone was dead, we were using Buddy's, and that is not the number most people have.) As soon as Dale had seen my post, he called to try to help us out.

The next message was from Burk Morgan of WRV, who was monitoring the posts and had called Coach Net (perhaps they have listed that we have Coach Net--I'm not sure). Anyway, it certainly seems to me that WRV is trying to build a reputation for service. One couldn't ask for better than that!

Buddy spent about an hour trying to figure things out before we called Coach Net. After calling, we were told the tech would be out within the hour. He arrived in 40 min. Josh, of A-1 Towing, Valdosta, GA, found the problem
in a few minutes, fixed it and got us on the road.

In spite of all the problems we have had, we are still AMAZED at how they have happened at the "best possible places," and things work out so well!

This Alpine Group (including WRV personnel) is just wonderful! It is a real comfort to have such great people helping each other.

Beverly and Buddy
'06, 36 FDDS