Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
Ted:

I ditto OldForester's comments. Exactly our experience on a two-wheel drive Jeep Grand Cherokee. It works very well and I can tow a paid off vehicle instead of buying new.

Engage/disengage is easy, after a few practice rounds (though it sounds rough).

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #30

OK everyone, I hate to say this but we found something else to check. Acacia RV called me today and said that the main hydraulic hose from the resevoir to the wardrobe slide is cracking in the engine area, and the main hydraulic hose from the resevoir to the rear jacks is also cracking in the engine area. He said these hoses were not from HWH but maufactured in house by WRV. They are not leaking yet but since its there he'll be replacing them with Gates hoses. I had already seen these hoses when I was cleaning the hyd. fluid from the other problem but didn't say anything, then when he brought it to my attention again, I figured it's one of those thing where you pay for it now or pay for it later when you're stuck on the side of the road in the middle of knowhere.

William Schnieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #31

We finally got our coach back, Acacia RV is convinced that heat is not a factor to our problem, but rather bad fittings and hoses.

Now the rear slide dosen't slide out as fast as it did and it doesn't go out all the way. The main slide also had a blistering hose that had not burst yet and was not near any heat at all. It was replaced and now it looks like it may need some minor adjustments because it doesen't go out evenly. Unfortunatly I didn't notice any of this until I got home. Any advice on adjustments will be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #32

Might be a purging problem w/air in the lines or cylinders after the new hose install.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #33

Alpine Owners Club
Supposedly....

If you cycle the slide a few times, it will synchronize and be balanced.

If you hold the button to open the slide for an extra 20-30 seconds after the slide is fully extended, it will purge air from the lines.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:05 AM   #34

I've noticed the pump is noisier than before so hopefully it's just air. I see no reason for them to have touched adjustments.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:17 PM   #35

Alpine Owners Club
William:

I think you are right. I was told that one can hear when there is air in the system, but that it will purge itself by holding the button down. Apparently it pumps the air and some of the fluid through a valve and a "return" sends the fluid, only, back to the reservoir.