Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:14 PM   #1
Awning mounting bracket

The mounting bracket that attaches the A&E manual awning to the top of our 2001 Alpine has .5" spacer shims against the coach body to extend the bracket reach. The spacer shims on the right side of the awning have fallen out and I need to replace them. I will attach photos of the left awning bracket showing the shims in place, and the right side showing the bracket missing the shims. Do you know where I can get replacement spacer shims? I called Dometic and they sent me a parts list that doesn't show the correct pieces I need. Camping World was no help.
2001 Alpine 36FDDS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Left awning bracket.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	136446   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right awning bracket.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	136447  

mbweitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2016, 08:05 AM   #2
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check out these: Dometic A E Awning Stand Off 3104954007 | eBay. Not sure if they are the correct ones but at least you have a starting point.

Jim, Lisa and Reno
2003 Coachmen Aurora Gold 3510DS Ultra Power Koni FSD Scan Gauge II
Full Time now in Mission, TX
onlakegaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:39 PM   #3
Jim, thank you, that is exactly the part I was looking for (and neither Dometic nor CW could identify & locate). The vendor, AnyRVparts, only has one left, so I ordered it and emailed them to see if they can get one more.
In the meantime I glued .5" x .5" square dowel pieces to the brackets and tightened the bracket against the coach body. That should hold it in place well enough until I can get the proper bracket stand-offs installed.
Thanks again,
2001 Alpine 36FDDS
Old 09-01-2016, 10:09 AM   #4
AnyRVParts couldn't find the brackets I ordered that they had listed on eBay, and refunded my money. I contacted Dometic Customer Service again, and this time they replied that the awning top bracket standoff has been replaced with part number 3314573.001, which is a 2 pack of top bracket spacer kit. I found several online RV parts stores that list the 2-pack, and I ordered one from Triad RV Parts in NC.
2001 Alpine 36FDDS