Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #15

Currently the last 07 event posted on the ACA calendar is the October 9-13 Heritage Rally in Albequerque, followed by Jan, 2008 Desert Rat Rally VI @ Quartzite.

I sent an email to inquire whether making this an ACA event would make sense. Post any thoughts you may have on that.

Late October would actually be an ideal time for getting acquainted to Baja. We could allow a few days after the NM rally for R&R (these rallies can be quite strenuous I hear), regroup at a campground in southern CA, & take off from there. Might cross at Jacumba/Tecate just for the stress relief, avoiding Tijuana, and spend the first night at Estero Beach, Ensenada, in their RV Park.
Thoughts?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2006, 11:15 PM   #16

Mike,

If ACA isn't up for it I think that our SoCal Club
allows one time at a rally for non-members, so it might be the best platform!

Sully

Old 07-13-2006, 09:58 AM   #17

Gale responded that ACA insurance (a somewhat central issue in event sanctioning) is for a particular place, not for a travelling event (I wanted to say travelling circus, but I didn't). So it won't be an Association event.

I'm putting together an information circular on Baja travel that will be available by email in a coupla weeks. It'll come with the customary shrink-wrap warranty that its a fabulous product but if you make any particular use of it, that's your fault (which is the generally accepted basis of any Mexican warranty IIRC ). It'll cover introduction to travel papers, insurances, food, money exchange, some driving basics,... This stuff is partially available in the AAA book recommended above and other places, but I thought I'd customize it as needed for motorhome living.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:23 AM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Mike, you and your wife are terrific for offering to lead a caravan down to Baja!! I don't think this has to be an "official" ACA or SoCal event, just a bunch of Alpiners that are interested in taking this particular trip. As far as insurance coverage is concerned, everyone would just have take responsibility for obtaining it for themselves, using the info Mike has offered to provide.

John and I have no experience being a tail gunner in a caravan, but we have been wagonmasters for a number of rallies, if that helps. Anyway, we would be happy to be the tail gunner (especially since I sort of started this).
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:19 PM   #19

We also would be interested in a Baja get together as we will be coming to the lower 48 in Sept , oct, or Nov of 2007

38' 2003 Alpine
Old 07-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Mike,

We are in for the e-mail information.

We will be going down to San Carlos this Christams for two weeks, or use some of your expertise to go down the Baja side. Patty is still concerned but I think we would be fine traveling alone.

We would possibly be in for next year. It's just working around that dreaded four letter word....w*#k.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:57 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Just to remind everyone that Alpine So Cal, has scheduled a Rally in Chula Vista (San Diego) November 9th, 10th & 11th 2007. So if you can plan the trip to Mexico around our Rally we would appreciate your help as we would like everyone to attend the rally.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:27 PM   #22

Dave- We'll schedule the final caravan dates so we can use the 11/07 SoCal rally as either a pre-rally or as a nice place to rest & recuperate on the way back north. Mike
Old 02-21-2007, 12:08 PM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
Anytime after the Albuquerque Rally is fine with us.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:48 PM   #24

This is Jim & Susan Green and we would be interested in the Baja trip in November 07. We will be at Hilton Head in March. If any that are planning on going to Baja will be at Hilton Head please look us up to discuss the trip. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2007, 02:39 PM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
Engineer Mike,

Put Dixie and Me on your email list about the trip, we would love to attend schedual permiting.

Dale Gerstel
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #26

Alpine Owners Club
Engineer Mike,

Add Renee and myself to the email list. We vote for going right after the Albuquerque Rally.

reneegary@msn.com
Gary Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:58 AM   #27

Engineer Miike,

We are very interested in the caravan to Baja. Is is too late to be included?

Please put us on your list!

Ray and Ann
Old 08-20-2007, 08:09 PM   #28

Any new information on the trip? Still planned for October? What kind of preparation should we be making? Thanks.