Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #29

Alpine Owners Club

Yes they are quieter. Not by much. They certainly have a better "road feel" for what that's worth. My real reason for changing was the greater load carrying capacity.

Jerry and Judy Davis
Fremont, California
05-06 36'FDDS
toad 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #30
Our Alpine Coach was delivered from the factory to the dealer on April 22, 2005, the 17th week of 2005. The oldest date code on the tires was 23rd week of 2004. The tires were 46 weeks old on delivery from WRV, so be sure to check your tire date codes; five years may be up a lot sooner than you expected.

I decided to stay with our original 11R22.5 tire size which is not available in the Goodyear G670, so our old tires were replaced with Goodyear G662 RSA Fuel Max. This tire is designed for regional highway and local driving which matches our normal day of driving.

36ft 2006 Alpine Coach FDDS
Audrey & John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #31
General Tires

Has anyone had any experience with General Continental Tires. There are about 5 of us who all need tires. Looks like most are replacing with Good Year. If anyone has any imput I would really appreciate it.
F Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #32
Winnebago Owners Club
I drive an 18 wheeler and use Conti's ...

I'm replacing mine on the coach with Conti's , they are great tires ..

And a good bit less expensive than Michs and GY's
JackHammr' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #33
There may not be a dimes worth of difference between all the aforementioned tires--or maybe there is. Seems like application would dictate the best tire selection, eg, not sure a standard truck tire will satisfy an RV application. The average tire age for a long-haul trucker is probably measured in months not years. Accordingly, a trucker is looking for an economical, high mileage, tough wearing tire, while an RVer is looking for good ride, good handling and UV-resistance[age-out not wear-out]. Can you get both in a single tire at an "economical" price--perhaps?
Old Scout
2003 40' MDTS
Garden Ridge, Texas
Old Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:13 AM   #34
Winnebago Owners Club
Truck tires are job specific as well , not "standard" ..

I think most any "name brand" is a good choice .. A matter of personal preference ..

I dont see paying the price for the top two choices , when there are tires as good and better for substantially less money available ..
JackHammr' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #35

I have continental on the drives now and they are doing a good job. I ran a lot on them when I had the trucking company 28 years.
Rick C you were 35 miles from me when the tire went flat. call me I still have people in the tire busness. (Dwight)
Dwight Warner
04 38 FDTS
St. George Ut
Stone Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #36
Dwight- I'll give you a call.

Rick Coleman
'05 Alpine 36MDDS
Rick Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote

tire aging, tire replacement