Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2010, 10:09 AM   #1

Bed Lift

A couple of times a year I want look at stuff under the bed to see if any thing has loose, leaking, or fell off.
The bed is so heavy that it takes both my
ELW and myself to boost it up.
Has anyone installed a lift thing to make it easier to lift up?

01 36MDS Alpine
doug ABQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2010, 02:09 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
My Fleetwood came with hydraulic lift rods, (2), attached under the bed. You know, those that help lift the doors on the outside storage compartments. Or those that help lift the rear doors on SUV's, etc. They look like they would be easy to attach. You might want to check them out.

Roland
Old 07-31-2010, 04:28 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
I added hydraulic lifts to my bed. It didn't have any assist just like your bed. They helped considerably. I have a friend who has a Horizon with the same size bed. He had hydraulic supports, so I got the same ones from Winnebago. I've remounted them several times to give them more leverage. In addition, I added a wooden support to hold it up - simple job.

Good Luck

W8RLM - Bob
Old 08-01-2010, 06:52 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Doug,
Sounds like a good project, if you do get around to adding the hydraulic lifts to your bed, could you post some pics and maybe some measurements? I've had a little experience with placing those lifts and working out the right placement, length and power can take a bit of trial and error.

Thanks
Greg
Old 08-04-2010, 11:21 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Seems to me, the bed support is right over the engine, that being said, I am going to assume is somewhat sealed against exhaust gases getting into the coach when it's screwed down. Now that is an assumption on my part, because I have never had it up or out, that is a future project to fix the HH heat delivery in the bedroom. So if you add the struts, please ensure you make sure that it will seal, and you don't end up with CO poisoning.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote