Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:12 AM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
Well, this generated lots more comments since I was last online. So, okay, I will definitely talk more with WRV about options for providing 12v reading lights.

I do like EngineerMike's suggestion of an aftermarket kit to sell, if a "customer's choice" approach is not feasible. And, Lynn Marie, I also like your idea of a thermostat control at the head of the bed, 'cause I too hate getting up in the cold!

gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #30

I can't remotely find the concern for 12Volt reading lights in the bedroom. As someone suggested buy a couple of LED lights and operate them off of a local battery. More or less like when we really camped in a tent and loved it.
Lets go for a whole new dashboard assemly with no slide out that leaks cold air and we can all trip over. Have you folks looked at some of the competition? They truly make Alpine look rinky dink. I'll supply the batteries for your little reading lights if you will back me on getting a great looking and really functional dash set-up.

Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:16 PM   #31

I fully support Ted's comments! Does anyone else?

Let's make suggestions in the really, big important areas the high priority for WRV. Don't bother WRV with the small stuff. As owners, we can handle many of the small changes or improvements ourselves. WRV needs to focus on build quality and functionality improvements that make them significantly better than their competition in their market segment!

Dale
2006 Alpine Coach Limited 36FDTS
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:29 AM   #32

Thanks Dale, I thouroughly agree. Lest get the big items taken care of
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:06 AM   #33

Alpine Owners Club
Ted & Dale,

Thanks so much for your comments! You are right that we need to have WRV focus on the big, important items. However, they do tell me that sometimes the little things are easy changes, so I don't want to ignore anything that owners really would like to have. If WRV cannot do a "small" item easily, they will tell us (the Focus Group members) either a "no" and why, or that it is on hold for further review in the future.

If any of you have other suggested alterations, I hope you will go to the thread "Suggestions" and suggest away!

Thanks! Gail
Old 02-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #34

Alpine Owners Club
I agree with Ted.....Would somebody please turn out the (12 volt) lights
Old 09-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #35

Alpine Owners Club
Hello all,

Now that we are Alpine owners (a step up from our previous "wannabe" status) I'd like to weigh in on this issue too.

We would prefer 12 volt reading lights in the bedroom since it seems that "reading lights" are the only reason that the inverter remains on at night.

Gail & John: Regarding the Focus Group, does the feedback go the other way also? In other words, when you provide your info to WRV, do they give you any responses that you can filter back to the owners?

Thanks!

2004 Alpine 34 FDDS
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #36

Alpine Owners Club
Hey Mike & Mike,

Welcome to the family!

We did talk a bit about the 12V lights at the Focus Group meeting, along with 84 other items. Then, each of the 6 couples that participated independently rated each of the 85 items with a score of 1 through 5, where 5 are considered the most important for WRV to focus on. I would expect WRV to take 6 to 9 months to review all of these items to determine the feasibility of implementation/installation. We'll probably all get together again at next year's summer rally so that WRV can report on all of these items.

If you want an idea of the items on our list, many of them came from the Forum topic "Suggestions".

We'll let you know as much as we can about the results. Some of the items will be apparent even before our meeting, as they begin to implement our suggestions over time.

Again, welcome and we hope to have the opportunity to meet you at an ACA or SoCal rally soon!!