Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2005, 11:27 AM   #1

My 2005 FDTS curb side bedroom slide does not extend equally. When measured on the outside the top is extended 1 inch farther than the bottom. (bottom is 14.25 inch-vs-15.25 at the top. Any of those former WRV employees out there know how to adjust the slide so the top and bottom go out the same distance???
Thanks in advance. Chet
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2005, 11:27 AM   #2

My 2005 FDTS curb side bedroom slide does not extend equally. When measured on the outside the top is extended 1 inch farther than the bottom. (bottom is 14.25 inch-vs-15.25 at the top. Any of those former WRV employees out there know how to adjust the slide so the top and bottom go out the same distance???
Thanks in advance. Chet
Old 07-04-2005, 01:03 PM   #3

Chet,
How did you happen to notice this? By eyeball inside? Was there a problem operating the slide?
Thanks
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
htg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Chet,
I think WRV has used the same mechanical units for the bedroom slides for many model years. In my 2001 driver side, slide, if I don't watch close it appears the slide will go past where it should stop on the bottom, resulting in the top cocked inward. By retracting just a little bit and watching the wood molding around the side top to bottom it will line up with the inside of the coach skin. Sometimes I miss and have to go in and out a couple time to get it lined up.
If yours is lined up on the inside and the outside is an 1" different, then I don't know what to tell you. Other than it wouldn't be the first I've found that WRV can't read a ruler.
D & D Rich
Great Salt Lake Route
Old 07-04-2005, 07:57 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Hello Chet:

For my $0.02 I think the reason that the top moves out further then the bottom is for water to run off.

Dave
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:43 AM   #6

Thanks for the prompt responses.
To HTG3, I noticed it from the inside by visually lining up the vertical wood trim on the aft edge of the slide with the rear closet opening. You can see the top is tilted out farther than the bottom which means either the wood trim was installed wrong or the slide itself is indeed going out farther on the top part than the bottom. By measuring slide travel distance at the four corners from the outside I pretty much proved it was not traveling equal distances.
To Dave F., I thought of the possibility WRV tilted it for rain runoff but dismissed it early on because the other two slides were not tilted in the same manner. This slide has two adjustable stops, one located near the top and the other midway down on both fore and aft edges as viewed from the inside of the coach. It appears the top/mid point is going out and contacting the stops but for some reason the bottom of the slide is not traveling out as far as it should. Looks like amount of travel the bottom portion of the slide moves is controlled by the two hydraulic actuators that move the slide in and out. I'm still at a loss but do appreciate your ideas.
It's probably real simple for someone that installs and rigs those slides but I'm not there yet.
Thanks again, Chet