Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
Bedroom slide drifts in

Since we've been parked in an area with high winds recently, we notice that when the wind hits the driver's side of the coach, the bedroom slide "scootches" in just a bit... i.e. about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch, just enough to feel air come through the top. We just bring the slide in a bit and extend it all the way and then it's fine... until the next big wind. I guess it's not a serious problem but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Jerry & Shirley Friedman; Dusty & Cricket
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500HD
2015 Mobile Suites 38RSSB3
gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
I don't have that problem with the slide on my Gulf Stream.

2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ
1999 American Cruiser RE2000
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
Gator, we had the same problem with our front slide last year. The bottom would slowly creep in about 1/2 inch or so. The problem was a faulty solenoid in the HWH system, letting hydraulic pressure relax and let the slide drift in. It's the first thing I would change -- the solenoids for the rear slide. They're located on the HWH hydraulic pump, and are not difficult or expensive to change, but if you haven't done it before, you might want a tech to do it.
Former Owner, 2006 36MDDS
2010 Arctic Fox 22GK Travel Trailer
2007 Toyota Tundra
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
Alpine Owners Club
Bedroom slide drifts in

We thought we had the same problem with our 2006 MDTS, but we think we didn't have the slide out far enough. After making sure the slide is out all the way, we haven't had the problem again.
Jack & Josie - Austin Tx
2006 Alpine Limited, MDTS, 75501
2005 Saturn Vue
jack and josie is offline   Reply With Quote