Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #1

Bedroom slide failing

I've a 2001 38' Alpine with the bedroom slide out binding up. We have to rock it from the top to get it to move. Rollers Don't look worn-out but seem loose. Where can you get rollers? Any ideas?
Top tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #2

Does it keep moving at the bottom but sticking at the top?
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:18 PM   #3

Yes that's it!
Old 07-21-2014, 08:21 PM   #4

So the rollers aren't the problem. I would make sure the gasket isn't falling, the roof is clean. and maybe wash/treat the slide roof (if it's rubber) and condition the rubber gaskets.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #5

Did that, I can watch the gear bar rock on the gear and spin the rollers with my fingers while tipping the slide in or out.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #6

What? There are too many different types of slide mechanisms so without a picture, I'm lost.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #7

Cleaned the top and lubed the rubber. It appears the slide mechanism is by Power Gear.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #8

top tuner - Having lubed your slide seals and gears, you might investigate this:
There probably is a little slide relay control circuit board mounted in the bedroom sink cabinet, mounted in the upper left corner of the cabinet. If you remove the cover you will find the control circuit board. A connector with about 6 or 7 wires can be removed to release the circuit board. If you slightly crimp the female pins on the black and red wires...the ones that go to the motor...you can get a better connection and possible decrease the resistance to the motor leads, increasing the current and enabling the motor to perform better.

I had the same problem as you several years ago and this resolved the issue.

Additionally, check the wire splices at the motor itself. Another problem that just developed in mine last weekend was one of the splices worked loose and would not allow enough current to the motor...causing the same symptoms as before. I re-spliced one of the leads to correct the problem. Your splices may need to be re-crimped or replaced also.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #9
Commercial Member

did you recently replace your awning topper fabric? overtightened springs or a bent roller can cause that problem. i have found that many times. i would look carefully at the top to see what is causing the resistance.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide