Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
I was told by another owner of WRV Coaches, the hoses HWH supplied to WRV for a period of time were bad. Somehow it seemd to only affect the 36' coaches, but I am not sure about this. There must still be some of those hoses still in the pipeline. I hope the problem is solved and the hoses are fixed permanently.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
My turn,
"In-The-Barrel"

I wondered where all the fluid was going, finally saw the puddle right behind the DS rear wheel, felt the top of the wheel well, and guess what......Hydraulic fluid!

apprantly its the rams on the DS bedroom slide over the radiator.

While I'm at it gonna replace the gen slide hoses also...

What is the best source for hoses? HWH?
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
The hoses I have received from HWH have held for the two years since installed. A couple of short hoses made up locally did not last at all.
Our wardrobe slide hose let go while traveling on I10 near Palm Spr.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #18

Been down this road with our 2003 MDTS. Early on it was the 1/8 inch hoses but just recently, I had to replace the 1/4 inch hoses that run the lenght of the coach. Not sure of the cause but the longer 1/4 hoses had deteriorated badly right where they pass thru the floor under the bed. Rerouting the 1/4 hoses back to the pump is a major challenge. However, the shorter 1/8 inch hoses that connect between the 1/4 hoses and the rams are an absolute bear. The RV shop I went to under warranty spent hours getting the 1/8 inch hoses disconnected/ reconnected to the rams. IM me and we can compare notes....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Knock on wood, the only HWH leak I have had was an actuator for a smartbed, and HWH stepped up to the plate even though the Rig was out of warranty and made a good faith repair, although I had to pay Cummins Coach Care to diagnose it. Which I might add I had already done and so reported to HWH/CCC. They would not take my word and charged me for it. But that is the only one, and I routinely look at my hoses when underneath the coach. I am however worried since it seems many of you have had HWH hose issues. Are all of them on coaches under 40'?
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
My leak was at the ram under the bed. I think it leaked for years and finally started leaking a bit faster. I kept adding a couple quarts every 8 months or so, but wrote it off to frequent use.

A mechanic mentioned a "small" amount of fluid under the bed a couple years ago, but I assumed (wrongly) that it was the leavings of a repair by the first owner. I had thought a leak would be more pronounced. Or maybe I was just overly hopeful.

Coach Care, Irvine had a "hose-guy" re-fit a new connector and it seems to be holding fine. Since joining this forum, I've started noticing lots of hose-specific businesses. Seems most of them travel to the repair shops, too.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
OK, took the coach into Rocky Mountain Cummins to look at the leaking BR slide..

They told me today that just to pull the cylinder and replace it would be 15 hours labor, is that right? Sounds quite high, or is the job more than I figured?
Old 05-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #22

Ref my comment above, if its the 1/4" hoses that run back to the pump, the fix isnt too bad [rerouting the hoses is the only challenge]. But if its the 1/8" hoses connected to the ram that are leaking, and they cant redo the end/connections with the hoses in place [probably not], then it is a real struggle to get the ram out of the slide to replace the hoses.

I dont recall what the labor was as the coach was still under warranty and HWH stepped up and paid the bill. Think it took a couple days just to get at the ram--not sure it they removed the slide from the coach or not. Just remember that it is a bear to get the ram out once the bed and slide have been built around it. Somebody else may have a different idea of exactly what is needed to fix these hoses but this was my experience.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks OS! NOw I don't feel quite so bad.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #24

Alpine Owners Club
Myth:

Cummins Cal Pacific was able to repair mine in place. 1/2 hour labor. They had to replace the fitting only.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks Milt, maybe there's still hope!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #26
hf

Solo Rvers Club
I had bedroom hoses replaced about 1 year ago. It was not easy to find someone able to do it but when I did they made new hoses with new fittings and they mentioned they had to drill bigger hole to route the hoses. I do not have my repair log here at this time so going by memory. I do remember the problem was cheap orginal hoses seems I even remember one of them being a plastic type material. I had a bulge in one hose and a blown fitting on the other. The coach was at Coach Craft in Orlando but they did not do the work they called in a actual "Hose maker" and it took several attempts to find one but it can be done localy if the drive to HWH is out of the question. If you want more details drope a line at hjwf@msn.com
hf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #27

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
got the word back,

Warranty covers all the hard parts, cylinders were blown...(HWH said 3.5 weeks on parts)

Sill gonna cost me $300 for hoses and ($$$)15 hours labor..

I think I got hosed on labor costs....
Old 05-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #28

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I called HWH to let them know that I was not happy that just simple hoses would take over three weeks....I got the voice mail, and figured I would never hear from them again....

WRONG!

First I got a call back from a really helpful CS guy "Randy"

He listened patiently and let me vent......

Then today I got a follow up letter .....appologizing for any delay,

While this doesn't make the parts come any faster, it most definately created some goodwill between myself and HWH...

And I have NO FREAKIN IDEa how "Randy" got my...
Address, VIN #, etc, which was all over the apology letter..

I gotta give a big to HWH's customer service....

perhaps I should have driven to Moscow, to get the cabin repaired...