Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #29
I recently had a very interesting conversation with a HWH tech rep. who said he had been responsible for product sales to WRV and was quite familiar with the problems.He added 2 facts , which I had not previously heard. 1. HWH makes a bracket for the front drivers side living room slide that make the slide move up or down ( I don't recall which) while retracting to get it into the correct height. However, WRV believed it was unnecessary and refused to purchase it. 2. WRV did not
purchase all of the hoses from HWH, but secured them from other sources. Re. 1 2 I can see why HWH would not want to offer warranty replacements. #. He remains adamant that the hose or end fitting failures were due to proximity to heat in spite of contrary posts on this thread. The posts of these hose failures has notably diminished. Have they all been successfully repaired? Have there been any hose failures in 08 40 ft. coaches mfg. subsequent to 9/07with ser. #s higher then75785?

Waterdog4315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #30

Interesting stories on the hose failures from HWH. I don't agree on the one point. I'll repeat a couple key points from previous posts:

1)The first set of hoses, that came on the coach failed shortly after purchasing our coach new (about 5 months and 7,000 miles).

2)The second set of hoses, obtained by the dealer from HWH, since WRV did not have them in stock, and installed in the same place, failed a few months later.

3)Our third set of hoses, purchased from HWH, by their certified technician, and installed by him in Palm Springs in the winter, failed after installing the heat insulation recommended by HWH and WRV, and routing the hoses away from the radiator.

2)The fourth set of hoses, obtained by the same HWH technician, from HWH, failed after cycling the slide in an out twice a day in our RV park in Palm Springs, in winter, for 7 days without turning the engine on and creating any heat.

3)The fifth set of hoses, obtained by he same HWH technician from HWH, had different colored fittings and have been on the coach over two years and 20,000+ miles with no problems.

So if heat wrap and rerouting didn't solve the problem, and cycling the slide in and out for a week without the engine turned on, and numerous discussions between HWH's certified technician installing the hoses and their technical people (which I was privy to) didn't solve the problem until we got hoses from the with different fittings, who would you believe if you were in my shoes?

Former Owner, 2006 36MDDS
2010 Arctic Fox 22GK Travel Trailer
2007 Toyota Tundra
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #31
Alpine Owners Club
My first HWH hose blew out at a fitting after about three cycles. WR said "Thought that was fixed" and replaced under warranty. for the next year I replaced two more on my dime. Finally had 1/4" hoses made locally for all six bedroom slide hoses. Told everybody that was the solution. After about a year one of them started leaking at the fitting. All problems were over the radiator, never in the coach (thankfully). Hose guy was amazed. Said it could not be temperature because these hoses routinely run at 300 degrees. Replaced with heavier duty hose.

Thinking about the fitting always going on top of the radiator and never in the coach made me suspect temperature. Plus everybody from Redlands RV to HWH said re-route the hoses. I noticed a space between the radiator and the wheel well where the hoses could go straight through the floor but undoing and redoing all six hoses was daunting. My compromise was to squeeze 1 inch of styrofoam between the hoses and the top of the radiator.

We will see if that helps.

Rick J Fisher, BW is Judy
2007 Alpine 34FDDS Limited SE
2003 Jeep Rubicon or a 1995 Toyota Tacoma
Rick J Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote