Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
Bedroom Vanity Slide Adjustment

Hey Guys, I have a 2003 FDTS 40 and the bedroom Vanity Slide seems to be out of adjustment.
When in the out position the measurment from the face of the trim to the wall is 8" at the bottom and 7" at the top. The bottom is in further than the top.
This means that the gasket is not sealing at the bottom and I am getting water through it.

I tried adjusting the 5/16" bolts to a variet of settings with a max of 1/4" improovement. I moved the top bolt out, almost as far as it would go, in order to pivot the bottom outward, but that didn't work.

What am I missing?
All of the other slides work fine, so I would'nt think that it's a hydraulic problem.

Help, Chris

chris kirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
Not sure about the difference in top vs bottom measurements--you are sure the bottoms of the two side gaskets are away from the wall. There are alot of reasons why the top gasket of the slide leaks and water runs to the bottom. Look at the way the round top gasket is bent around the square corners of the slide causing gaps--this area is a key contributor to slide leaks.

As for the scissor slide mechanisms, think they are pretty much self adjusting--I think. Chances are the bottom of the slide is hanging up on the rug or a blockage [like a tennis shoe?], or the side/ bottom gaskets are dry and hanging up....

Old Scout
2003 40' MDTS
Garden Ridge, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
If you have two scissor rams -- one on each side of the slide -- as we do on our wardrobe slide on our '36 MDDS, then you may need to re-syncrhonize those hydraulic cylinders on the rams. The way to do that is bring the slide in, disconnect the cylinders on the rams, have a person hold each cylinder away from the wall so the ram can go in an out, and hit the extend/retract switch several times in and out until the cylinders go out the same distance and in the same distance at the same time. We have done this three times with hydraulic hose replacements on our slide and it worked every time.
Former Owner, 2006 36MDDS
2010 Arctic Fox 22GK Travel Trailer
2007 Toyota Tundra
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
Dont recommend messing with the synchronizer tube to fix what you are describing --this tends to be a left ram vs right ram being out of sync as opposed to a top vs bottom slide alignment issue....
Old Scout
2003 40' MDTS
Garden Ridge, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
Well, both sides of the slide are exactly the same distance from the wall to the face of the cherry trim, but the top is in further than the bottom. There wasn't anything in the way.
Has anyone out there got an Alpine 40' Triple Slide that would measure theirs?
My measurements (with the vanity slide) are 6 5/8" at the top and 7 5/8" at the bottom. Same measurement both sides.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks, Chris
chris kirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
chris kirts,

I don't know specifically about the bedroom slide mechanism for your 2003 year coach. However, if it is the same mechanism as the bedroom slide for my 2006 year coach, then I think the adjustment you are looking for is in the HWH scissor mechanism. At an Alpine Coach rally in NC in 2006, Andy Ruing, HWH Manager for the Northwest, personally adjusted my slide mechanism to correct the very problem that you are talking about. Unfortunately, it has been too many years for me to remember exactly what he did, but I believe there are adjusting nuts on the scissor mechanism that will accomplish what you need to have done.

Dale & Karin
2006 Alpine Coach Limited 36FDTS
Watercolor Artist: http://www.cindydaunis.com/
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote