Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:27 PM   #1

Best place to sell an RV

Hello,

New to the forum, and RV's My father bought an Alpine 2003 FDDS about 18 months ago, planning to retire and golf America, and then had a stroke. He is not strong enough or capable of driving it and setting everything up in his condition. Between the two of us we know just enough about it and how everything works, to drive it. Has only been driven 500 miles in the last year.

We are finding that not many people in our part of the country, Nebraska, know anything about these coaches. If anyone could point me in a direction. RV trader? or something along those lines.

I want to keep it for myself, but it is not in my budget and he could use the money for some medical bills.

Any help is appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2015, 10:31 AM   #2

Sorry to hear about your dad. Sure changes things quickly.

Yes, RV Trader is a good place to start. I sold my last Class C in just a few weeks. Clean it up REAL clean. It's amazing how many people sell dirty RVs. There's even a couple threads on it here somewhere.

Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:43 PM   #3

Yes, sorry to hear about your dad. Last year I bought a 1999 Alpine on RV Trader. Your definitely going to reach across the country by using a site like RV Trader. Since you are centrally located it wouldn't be too hard to fly into Nebraska from either coast. I was about to fly to Oklahoma from Los Angeles to purchase an Alpine, but just happened to find one a few hours from my house. Also, if you price your coach right it'll help prospective buyers with the travel decision. I used nadaguides.com to determine the price range for private party sales.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:19 AM   #4

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hopefully you have access to know how much he paid for it, so you have an idea what it may be worth. How did your dad find it?

I know a couple of people who traveled across the country to pick up Alpines, so you are not limited to the local market. And hopefully your post here got the attention of those looking for an Alpine.

Some have purchased Alpines on Ebay.

Good luck!!
Old 06-25-2015, 11:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
Sorry to hear about your dad. Hopefully you have access to know how much he paid for it, so you have an idea what it may be worth. How did your dad find it?

I know a couple of people who traveled across the country to pick up Alpines, so you are not limited to the local market. And hopefully your post here got the attention of those looking for an Alpine.

Some have purchased Alpines on Ebay.

Good luck!!
He bought it from a family friend that had it built custom in 2003, ordered it from the factory, we even have the original invoice. They used it for about 10 years driving around the country and drag racing. He upgraded to a 44 footer, so my dad bought the Alpine. Paid about 73k I believe. I looked NADA and it has Values of Low 67k up to 74k average. I had it on EBAY for 65k, and received some insulting offers. Right now we are asking 63k and have had some interest. We just spent $1200 replacing all of the batteries last fall. Thanks for the tips everyone. I have learned enough about them in the last year that someday I will be ready to own one. I never realized how much was involved.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:11 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Please take any interest/negotiations off site. Community Rules prohibit such disucssions in our forums & they will be removed.

Thank you,
Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:18 AM   #7

I don't see any negotiation.

I purchased an add from RV Trader and ended up selling on Craigslist.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:04 PM   #8

I was merely responding to a question, was not negotiating or trying to garner interest. I appreciate the help and will say no more about it unless I post on the classified section.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #9

I've bought & sold all 3 with Craigslist
Old 06-26-2015, 11:38 PM   #10
hax

I had good luck with craigslist. I placed ads in the craigslist cities of surrounding states and had lots of interest in my coach. I also found my new coach on craigslist.

2003 ALPINE 40FDTS
hax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace