Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #1

We bought an 05 Alpine Coach from Mcmahons.
There business practices are unethical. They took my trade in and did not pay off the loan in a timely fashion. I received 30 day late notices from the bank.
Also they have yet to file the correct DMV paperwork for my new Coach. I'm told there waiting for the title from the old owner. Now 5 months later I still don't have any registration. The used Alpine I bought from Mcmahons is a nightmare. 14 month old Coach with 7000 miles.
It has spent more time with at the Mcmahons repair shop than in my storage unit. Their mechanics are hacks. They have no pride in workmanship. My repair list gets longer with every visit. I finaly gave up and took it to another mechanic. Im paying now big time$$.
Do not buy anything from McMahons. Buyer Be Ware!!!!
Andy Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #2

We bought an 05 Alpine Coach from Mcmahons.
There business practices are unethical. They took my trade in and did not pay off the loan in a timely fashion. I received 30 day late notices from the bank.
Also they have yet to file the correct DMV paperwork for my new Coach. I'm told there waiting for the title from the old owner. Now 5 months later I still don't have any registration. The used Alpine I bought from Mcmahons is a nightmare. 14 month old Coach with 7000 miles.
It has spent more time with at the Mcmahons repair shop than in my storage unit. Their mechanics are hacks. They have no pride in workmanship. My repair list gets longer with every visit. I finaly gave up and took it to another mechanic. Im paying now big time$$.
Do not buy anything from McMahons. Buyer Be Ware!!!!
Old 05-06-2007, 07:09 AM   #3

Andy,

Who are McMahons and where are they located?
Former Owner, 2005 Tioga 31M and Arctic Fox 22GQ
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:37 AM   #4

McMahons RV
Traveland in Irvine California. Also a location in Colton California.
Andy
Old 05-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #5

Andy,

Have you called the California State Bureau of Automotive Repair; 1-800-952-5210? They might be able to help you get McMahon's attention!

and Starlight (January 20, 2000 - March 17, 2009)
Gary M. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Andy - You need to call the CA Dept of Motor Vehicles Investigation Unit & report them & file a complaint. They are breaking the law by not doing your registration properly & in a timely manner.

I would also suggest you call Burk Morgan at WRV & tell him what has happened. He thought McMahons was going to be a great Dealer but we have heard nothing but problems from those that have bought from them. I understand that one of the principals from Saddleback RV (Michael Weiss) is a Manager at McMahons and he was at Saddleback - so it is the same bad ballgame & players!!! Burk may be able to intercede for you.

Good luck!
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:48 AM   #7

You are correct. Michael Weiss is the sales manager there.
Thanks for your advice. I am filing a formal complaint with the CA DMV today. They must have some fiduciary responsibility. They did not pay off my trade until well after the loan had gone 30 days past due. They still don't have the DMV paperwork done for the coach I bought (Alpine Coach $148,000)over 5 months ago. They are really playing games there. Not to mention all the headaches with the coach. I'm into it for $1500 so far just to fix the wiring mess they created in the dash. Not to mention all the other problems.
I will definitely call Burk Morgan over at Western.
Thanks
Andy
Old 05-07-2007, 08:12 AM   #8

Andy, I do not know zilch about laws in CA. However, lived many years in MA and the last 4 here in TN. In either of these cases if the DMV paperwork had not been completed correctly and promptly the state would have been out their tax revenue which would have probably upset them fair thee well.

You do as you like; but, even though I am not in favor of our "hey let's sue society", I think I would be letting an attorney do battle for me. I mean come on if they have been playing games for 5 months why all of a sudden would I think they are going to be nice guys again, Ken....
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:16 PM   #9

Just to clairify...Mr. Weiss was never a principle at the Saddleback dealership, but I believe he was a salesmanager. His employment was terminated in 2004 and he was immediately hired on at McMahon.I purchased 2 coaches from Saddleback in the past. I now use their service at the new store in Colton with very good results..night and day difference over the old Irvine shop. I think they still do warranty work for Alpine.
c6jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #10

We purchased a "new" 2005 Alpine from McMahon's and Mr. Weiss in January, 2007. We followed a driver in it to the AZ border and we drove it on home to Colorado from there. After we bought it on 1-2-07 they had two weeks to get everything done on our "Due List." They did nothing on the list. We had problems with everything.

McMahons didn't forward the necessary paperwork to Colorado DMV for three months and we paid penalties from the date of purchase trying to get the coach registered.

When we bought the new coach we didn't have the title on our trade-in with us. It was in Colorado. We hadn't planned on buying another rv when we left for California. McMahons said "that's ok, we will file for a duplicate title, we do it all the time, sign here. We signed the document for a duplicate title over to them. Last week, 16 weeks later, we received a letter from McMahon's telling us that they had not received the title on our trade-in yet. "It has been resold and we cannot transfer the vehicle out of your name and in to the customers name without it."

Their service tech dropped a power drill on the hydraulics door and dented it. They say they owe us the repair and paint job but that it will probably take weeks in their shop. We will probably take care of this too, McMahon's RV is not a place I want to go.
Jim & Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:55 PM   #11

Unfortunately these are the types of things that really give Alpine a bad name. There dealer representation has to be absolutely top drawer, if not, with every thing else that they have had to deal with this is one thing that will destroy them. You can have the greatest product in the world and if the represention is poor the product will go under. These people's issues with McMahon should be dealt with by WRV. A phone call and a suggestion as to where to get the coach straightened out and quite promptly. Whether it be at WRV if convenient or another dealer it must be taken care of or we all walk away with a real bad taste in our mouth.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #12

I failed to mention that we met Burk with WRV at the Alpine SoCal rally in Hemet and have also been communicating with WRV for several weeks. They are doing everything they can to help us and we are very pleased, an relieved that our problems with the coach are being resolved.

Our problems with McMahon's are over. I hope people will know not to shop there.
Jim & Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:56 PM   #13

My problems with McMahons are over now too. For the simple reason I am taking my rig elsewhere for repairs. I would love to hear from anyone that has an Alpine Coach Avalanche model with some miles on it. Just to see if there is a light at the end of this tunnel.
Andy
Old 06-05-2007, 06:06 PM   #14

Saddleback RV is doing warranty work on Alpines at their new Colton facility. It's a beautiful service center, and thus far, we have been very pleased with their service on our new 06 MDTS

Plus Noel (Bischon Frise)
Joel & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote