Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:45 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Black tank rinse nozzle clogged

Anyone know how to unclog a black tank rinse nozzle. If that is not possible, how difficult is it to replace?

toad 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
jerry davis is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2015, 04:36 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Jerry,
Have had this happen twice. First time the check valve was malfunctioning, second time someone places a piece of cardboard inside the nozzle. Try replacing the valve.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:53 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I realize I might have to replace the valve. That is why I would like to know how hard it is to replace.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:04 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Sorry Jerry, guess I misunderstood the question.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:15 PM   #5

Two possible fail points on the black tank flush--1] is the vacuum break valve in the shower wall behind the wall of the kitchen slide--not sure how failed vacuum break valve impacts nozzle; 2] is the nozzle, located in the opposite side of the tank from the drain valves. Never had occasion to removed nozzle so dont know if its threaded into tank or cemented at assembly?????
Old Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:22 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You don't say if you did this but if it were me I'd try higher pressure air or water to try to blow it out. I'd check first to see if I'd damage anything else.

Just a thought.
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:31 PM   #7

Dont think I would try to "blow" it out with air pressure unless I disconnected the PEX pipe at the nozzle--ie, by pass the vacuum break valve. Removing the PEX at the nozzle may allow you to check inside of nozzle for debris or perhaps to ream out the nozzle spray holes.....
Old Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:08 AM   #8

You can disconnect the nozzle at the tank wall. The nozzle will remain in the tank wall as it is glued in. Then you can take a sharp object like an ice pick and clean the 4 slots in the nozzle. A small head toothbrush is also helpful getting the last bits of dried material off the nozzle.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:32 AM   #9

Mine plugs all the time. Here's what I do. Hook up as normal and turn water all the way on quickly. If plugged then turn water off disconnect hose at side of motor home and let the water drain out of the fitting. Hook hose back up and turn water on all the way as fast as you can. Works every time for me. good luck.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:16 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
I had something clog the black tank flush from the outside line. Couldn't tell what it was, but insects of some type got into the flush inlet, and flushing it didn't work because no water went through at all- nor did any air when I put air pressure on it.

I pried the old flush end off, and found no check valves or anything else-- although there is, of course, the air break. The flusher was just a small, plastic, cup-shaped (about 1/2" deep) fixture with holes in it. It's also on the drain side of the tank. Now how did it ever flush such a wide tank by pushing against the natural flow?

I removed the end, plugged the opening in the tank, and extended the flush hose to the other side of the tank. I bought a turbo-flush from CW and followed the installation instructions. Now the flush is on the passenger side so it flushes towards the drain. It also extends about three inches into the tank and spins around when water pressure is applied, so that no part of the tank remains unflushed. And it has a check-valve. Works very well now. Pretty easy job.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Hi Jerry,

A lot of times the sprayer head will get clogged with sludge and calcium. When we are working on customers Rvs with the same problem, we use the CLR trick first before we take anything apart. It will unclog the internal sewer flusher system by reopening the ports. If you folks are interested in learning how to do it, then let me know.

Happy Camping
niceguy9605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:51 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Really apprecia everyone's imput. Sprayed a detergent into the nozzle and the next day it sprayed normally. Thanks again for all the advice.

Tags
tank