Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #1

Another day, another problem. All of a sudden, while flushing my black tank, the water from the hose stopped flowing into the tank. I had the black tank valve open and water stopped draining out. When I closed the valve and waited, then opened it, some water came out, so it appears that there is a blockage somewhere because some water is getting in. There is what appears to be a water line going into the black tank (above and slightly to the left of center when you remove the outside velcroed panel) and when the hose is turned on, the connection drips... like there is a lot of pressure on the fitting. As soon as I turn the water off, the dripping stops. Any ideas?

gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #2

Another day, another problem. All of a sudden, while flushing my black tank, the water from the hose stopped flowing into the tank. I had the black tank valve open and water stopped draining out. When I closed the valve and waited, then opened it, some water came out, so it appears that there is a blockage somewhere because some water is getting in. There is what appears to be a water line going into the black tank (above and slightly to the left of center when you remove the outside velcroed panel) and when the hose is turned on, the connection drips... like there is a lot of pressure on the fitting. As soon as I turn the water off, the dripping stops. Any ideas?

gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #3

Jerry,

I would think there is a check valve in the input line to the black tank flush which could be stuck.
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #4

Gator- Just had the same or at least very similar problem. Turned out to be the brass check valve in the line into the black tank. It came apart internally, which turns the check feature around 180 degrees. Dump your tank before undoing any connections on this line or you'll get a surprise. Once tank is MT, take check valve out carefully. The spring & keeper should be on the uphill side still. Check that the o-ring is in place on the valve head, push valve up into brass body from below, put spring in from top, then snap keeper onto valve stem from top. If the check valve is your problem, this should work unless the keeper broke. You can replace the whole valve w/a PVC one from a local plumbing supply store if yours isn't repairable.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:29 PM   #5

Was there too much water pressure that caused the valve to "pop"?. I had this happen on the clean water fill.
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #6

Dan- On mine, the valve stem keeper simply popped off. Stem & keeper are plastic, inside a brass body. My theory is that the keeper wasn't really snapped properly into place from the factory, but I now carry a spare check valve in case theory is broke, and the keeper just snaps off occasionally.