Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #1

Blower Motor

I have a 2000 Alpine 40. Does anyone know how to access the blower motor for the dash heater/AC ?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Unless different than all the other Alpines I've seen, it is on the outside of the firewall, just right of center, behind the front cap.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #3

When I had my 2000, to get the blower motor, I removed right cover in front of the passenger seat. It was up high and to the left.
2007 Apex MDTS (425 hp) #75723
2007 Toyota 4-Runner
2014 Ram Laramie 3500
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:34 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraig View Post
When I had my 2000, to get the blower motor, I removed right cover in front of the passenger seat. It was up high and to the left.
My friend has a 2001 Alpine and that is where his dash air fan blower motor is. I know cause I helped him work on his when it quit running. Ended up being a poor ground connection on the blower motor.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #5

I replaced my blower a couple of months ago and it was in the low $20s from NAPA. I could not believe how cheap it was and easy to replace. Like said above, remove the front covers just above the entry and you will see it. I think I did the job without any bleeding
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #6

Thanks for the info. Found a replacement blower at the local parts house.
Still doesn't seem to force alot of air through the vents though.
glacier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #7

I also have a 2000 Alpine 40 and it has a squealing blower motor. I can't find a way to remove the motor. I have tried to access it through the fuse box panel opening in front of the passenger seat and from the outside by accessing the firewall through the generator compartment. Can anyone offer advice or suggestions. Your help will be sincerely appreciated.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #8

Access the for the blower is through the panel just to the left of the fuse box panel.
glacier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Word of advise from someone who has repaired a bunch of them. About 1/2 of the times, it was the ground for the motor. Most of the manufactures used a sheet metal screw to hold the ground wire connector. If you are ever in this area install a stud and a star washer to the ground on the motor.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #10

Thanks. Didn't realize there was a panel there. Once you made me aware of how to access the motor, it was quick work to replace it. Luckily, in 6 years of using the coach, I've never had a problem with the multitude of fuses which are located below and left of the motor.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #11
hax

Allan, I replaced mine and it didn't increase the air flow either. I check behind the back-up monitor and the back of he monitor has crushed the air tubes going to the driver side. I think a flat panel monitor is the solution. I don't have enough room to move the monitor aft.

2003 ALPINE 40FDTS
hax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hax View Post
Allan, I replaced mine and it didn't increase the air flow either. I check behind the back-up monitor and the back of he monitor has crushed the air tubes going to the driver side. I think a flat panel monitor is the solution. I don't have enough room to move the monitor aft.
To clean up the area behind the monitor I relocated the monitor about 3" to the rear (closer to the driver). I did this by just using 2 of the 4 mounting bolts and putting the monitor bolts into the rear mounting nuts that are part of the monitor. I like this better because it makes it a little easier to see and makes for more room for the ductwork. The screen is a bit more adjustable up and down and it has never come loose in 3 years. I have also taken the sliding drawer for the HWH out of there and fabbed an aluminum panel for the HWH controls. Kind of miss the cup holders but it no longer is creating wiring problems that we had previously.
One of the problems I had with lack of flow from the heater ducts was the heater/ac control panel. The unit is from GMC Savanna van. WRV did some real sloppy work (imagine that) assembling the retaining bracket and poked some screw holes into the backside of the controller. After fixing a few vacuum leaks and making a vacuum plumbing change we now get decent heat. (Previous owner advised they drove with mukluks in the winter due to lack of heat on the floor vents). Hope this helps,,
beagle
Old 07-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #13
hax

If you replace your original blower motor and it has a metal squirrel-cage fan, keep the metal squirrel-cage. I didn't, and as I left Phoenix, mine made a horrendous noise and vibration, I lost the fan by Flagstaff. It was about a year old. The vibration had broken the male end of the electrical connection. Upon removing the blower motor, I found that the squirrel-cage had gotten hot and was out of round, thus the vibration. NAPA replaced the blower motor and said that was a warping of the squirrel-cage was a problem.

2003 ALPINE 40FDTS
hax is offline   Reply With Quote