Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #15

Ted, it sounds like you should sell your Alpine before the bottom falls out of the market! You obviously hate it anyway.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2007, 12:27 PM   #16

gjreymann, my liking or disliking my Alpine is neither here nor there in this situation. In reality I like the coach very much, if I did not why would I bother writhing this thread at all. I do not think you read it very clearly nor do I think you understand the poor position that Mr. Lee put Alpine and all Alpine owners in. Quite frankly I never utter a comment about my likes or dislikes of my Alpine even though at 1500 miles my entire differential exploded on the PA turnpike. I suggest you re read my original post until you understand it. This is not a like or dislike situation, it is an Alpine survival issue. Read up on some of the facts and you may begin to understand my comments. I think the Alpine has tremendous attributes but with the poor publicity it is being destroyed. The Tucker automobile was the finest made automobile in the world but the big three would not permit it. Take a look at the big three know

Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:29 PM   #17

Ted III,

I think you have some valid points. Our Silverleaf system has been a pain; we can't operate our TV, etc. On the way home from the Cummins visit a couple weeks ago(40 miles away), our closet door fell off and smashed wood, mirror, and all. WRV is making us a new door which they are to install when we visit the factory. I will say, however, that WRV has promised to make everything right and have been good to follow up the calls, etc. (Max Zacula and Mike Avila). We'll just consider it a vacation trip to the factory and hopefully it's a one time sightseeing trip to Washington and Oregon.

We are not of the "trade" type. We don't want to lose money until we are through Rving. We like our motor home and hope to get things sorted out and be able to use it for the rest of our Rving life, which we hope can be at least 8 yrs. But, yes, we never dreamed we'd have so many problems with what we considered a very expensive motor home. How naive we were. We would really like to see WRV succeed. As you have said before, they are close to making a "great" motor home. Their quality control is definitely lacking, though.

Beverly and Buddy
Old 02-20-2007, 05:12 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Hey Ted: Forgive the thread hi-jacking, but is your Karma an image of something tasty a coyote would like to eat-- or are those merely wax candles???

Norm
Old 02-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
I also may be naive, but I don't know what all the dooms day posts are about. I guess we will always have those that see conspiracy in most events. I saw and listened to Bob Lee at DDR and was not that impressed. I am sure he is just a figure head in his new post, as you can tell by his title, and as he was probably at WRV. I do not think he was going to be the savier of WRV. I feel the influx of cash along with the guidance from Monomoy is what will turn things around at WRV. I was very impressed with Richard Fish of Monomoy and the present staff of WRV. I really don't think Monomoy would invest in WRV if they didn't really feel that the company made a good product and that the problems that were occuring could be cured.

Dale Gerstel
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #20

Coyote, they are definitely things to eat if you can catch them.

Dale, I am not at all dooms day. I am saying we all better sit up to attention and find out what is happening. If Monomoy is going to financially help WRV and give some constructive criticism and be able to take some and the talents of the WRV workers can get their acts together if they get the support they need, this company will grow into a well known operation with a superior product. Sitting doing nothing is going backwards, big time. I have the same investment as the rest of you so I am just as interested as everyone else to see things go in the right direction.
I hope I got every ones attention.
Lets get constructive and real.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Though we have no real problems during the 27K miles we have sdded to our Alpine since we purchased it, I'll throw my hat in with Ted. The ONLY way for WRV to get out of this jam is to SELL their way out!!! To sell their way out thay have to improve on the product going out the door. When we purchase our new Alpine, we want it to work the way our 2000 does. I don't need a "Silverleaf", but we do want service, quality control, and improvements. I going to stay away from what to improve here.

As I tell my customers, "Everyone has a competitive price, the difference is SERVICE." Service encompasses many things, including quality control, customer satisfaction, ect. ect.........whew, I refrained from getting on the soap box.

Anybody want to buy tires?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:17 PM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
Chet,

I am sorry you took offence to my post. I am putting my money where my mouth is and have a new SE on order. I don't feel that anyone is trying to take advantage of us owners and that WRV has a good future ahead of it. I think that they got in over their head with the motor coach division and other problems. I feel that this is now going to be rectified. I am also not sure what problem you have with all of us that have our coach's registered in Montana.

Dale Gerstel
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:37 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barbaraok:
Seems Bob Lee is back at Country Coach - wonder what this means for WRV? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's great that Bob Lee brought Monomoy and WRV together.
Bob Lee tried to save Country Coach from going down with National but was rejected before.
As a CEO he can help establish contacts for new dealers - that is what a good CEO is susposed to do. But Bob has irons in many fires RV Resorts RVIA Board of directors

One good Idea: It would be great if WRV could build stronger/less flexable chassis like CC's.
Note CC adapted the WRV idea of full front generator slide out - now they will probably go for 'smart beds'. CC does have better hardware - hinges drawers etc.

After talking with a couple of dealerships that dropped WRV/Alpine because of poor service or parts supplies - this is an area WRV should concentrate on.
With proper employ training, quality control and pride of workmanship - there is no reason WRV can't produce 'Perfect' coaches.
It is all up to Ron Doyle, he can do it if he concentrates.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:51 AM   #24

Tom & Patty, an excellent comment as far as WRV and their problems. Like you I feel WRV should take the existing product and make it better. There so many little things that all of us(most all of us) have either ignored or fixed ourselves. Alpine has a good solid coach but the fine tuning and the quality control must improve substantially. I could easily list 30 or 40 small items that were not correct when I received our coach. Some of them just glared at you. When you drove down the street and you realized you had to scream at the person in the passenger seat it should dawn on all of us that the door has a wind & noise problem. Our coach is 1 month short of being 2 years old.We bought it new. Just recently Mark Glazier sent out a new kit that seems to have totally fixed that noise, but the coach should have never left the factory with that condition and it goes on and on. Truly if you want a 45 footer with all the bells & whistles, buy a Prevost. You will love it. As far as dealers and service organizations go, we live in PA and there are absolutely none in this area that I am aware of that deal with Alpine.
These are the type of things, along with exceptional service that will put Alpine on the map and make it be known that it is a great buy and your resale value will go right up with it. Maybe the problem was mine in that I bought a West Coast coach?
Old 02-21-2007, 06:24 AM   #25

From a post last December"

Bob Lee's pursuit of and penchant for Country Coach ("CC") could be bad for WRV. His passion for CC could negatively influence what's best for WRV. Yes, of course, he's a seasoned business person. But, he started CC with 2 people and admirably grew it. Business and emotion can fall into conflict.

One perspective is that the Alpine's market is shrinking and it's on a direct course to compete with CC. I think Alpine can do it by providing greater value, along with other improvements.

But, in this scenario, what will Bob Lee do? If CC were acquired, would he favor CC? If CC were not acquired, would he have the passion to compete against them?]

Riley Investment Management (RIM) is the principal owner of Country Coach holdings, which bought CC from an ailing National. Hard to say what Bob planned through all of this, versus what options were just in play. In the same way that Bob is good for CC as its most passionate leader, I see this as a good thing, restoring WRV leadership to its most passionate leader. Monomoy may appoint a new Chairman, I just hope they let the current management lead the business.

I see no connection between RIM and Monomoy and I'd be surprised to see another imminent related transaction between or by either, with these holdings. I think it's time to settle down and compete.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #26

Alpine Owners Club
The one theme over and over that comes through in everyone's post is the lack of PRIDE at WRV. If you take pride in what you do, you don't let that coach move down the line until your part is complete; you don't let that customer/potential customer sit on hold; you don't fail to follow through when you say you will do something. And pride in a company starts at the top. Maybe Ron didn't inherit the pride his father had in building the company. Maybe he did, but lost it somewhere along the line. It needs to be found and that pride conveyed to every person who works at WRV.

And it shouldn't matter where in the country you live. We're fulltimers, so where we live is where we are at. We could be on either coast or smack in the middle. We don't expect to have a coach that never has a problem. What we do expect is that the person on the other end of the line will help us locate appropriate parts and service. Our coach isn't covered by warranty. But the better we can maintain it, the more opportunities people have to see it, the more positive impression that WRV will make on potential customers - - and that is something THEY JUST DON'T GET.
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #27

I think everyone contributing to this thread has made constructive points that are important to all of us, including the future of WRV, quality, service, resale value, etc.

As the relatively short-term owner of my very first motorhome I'd like to point out some very positve things to all concerned: My wife and I love our coach, shortcomings and all- and we have nothing to compare it to. We are having the time of our lives, and most importantly we have NEVER had the pleasure of meeting so many wonderful people as the Alpine owners! Welcoming, friendly, and especially helpful. We joked at last week's Las Vegas rally that all one had to do was bend over to look at something on your coach and you had a crowd come running over to see if you had a problem and offer concern and solutions.

My wife and I are so glad we had the "luck" to get involved with all of you Alpine owners.

We will get through all the current problems and be left with our great motorhomes and a fabulous group of friends.

Rick and Sue Coleman