Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Seems Bob Lee is back at Country Coach - wonder what this means for WRV?

Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Seems Bob Lee is back at Country Coach - wonder what this means for WRV?

Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #3

Well that is a very interesting link. It seems to me that someone from WRV who monitors this forum should respond VERY SOON to explain how this news affects their incredibly loyal support group who are owners of WRV products. I think we deserve at least that.

Lyle
Lyle & Cathy
Aex 1
Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:56 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
In reading the announcement on this link, it states that Bob Lee's title will be Chairman Emeritus of Country Coach. This title is an honorary title given to a retired person who last held that title. Given that they have used this title, I don't think this development will take Bob Lee away from WRV...although it may reduce the amount of time he spends on WRV issues. Furthermore, many high profile business people are members of more than one Board of Directors within their area of expertise.

As a representative of ACA, I'll try to find out more and let you all know what I learn, especially if WRV does not respond here on IRV2.

Gail
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:11 AM   #5

Thanks Gail,
any info would be appreciated by many I suspect.
Lyle

Lyle & Cath
Apex 1
Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #6

Gail.......I think what concerns most Alpine owners and especially those that particapte in this forum is........Why don't we hear anything from WRV management about this buyout and what changes are to occur as a result. The WRV website is not even updated to reflect the changes. Other than Bob Lee, Ron and a few others being at DRR for a round table...NOTHING is being said about WRV!!!!! Is everything going to be the same as before???? or is a new Business Plan being established??/ Whats up..........All of us loyal owners would like to know. Chet Yancey made a point about his promised delivery date and the actual delivery date. Gail, you ordered your new coach in August 06 and you still have'nt taken delivery. I am looking at ordering a new one with pre 07 Engine.....Burk tells me that if I order today it will be off line and ready for delivery May 1, 2007. Something does not make sense......just frustrated.
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:33 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Hi All,

I just received the press release from WRV announcing Bob Lee's resignation from WRV. I would like to post it here, but I got it in a Word format and can't figure out how to put it here. Can anyone tell me how to do so when it is not a hyperlink?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:50 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Chet and Mike,

In regards to our '07 order, unfortunately our timing was bad and we got caught in the production cycle that was so adversely affected by WRV's financial difficulties. When we ordered our '04, it came off the line and was ready for us very close to the date promised...within a week. It seems that as the years have passed, their estimates of completion time have become worse. I believe that WRV's struggles began with the introduciton of the Avalanche, followed quickly by the economic impact of the higher fuel prices. I'm sure this all affected their ability to keep things moving through the production line these last few years.

I could be proved wrong over time, but I feel confident that there will be positive changes at WRV, and I am willing to give them time to figure out what needs to be changed, develop a plan to fix the problem areas and implement those changes. We will have first hand experience with the customer service folks when we go to pick up our '07 at the factory in a few weeks, and I will give you all an honest assessment of our experience when I can get back to the Internet after our PDI. John and I are low tech and don't have a satellite or phone link to the Internet when we travel...we depend on old fashioned wireless connections.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:00 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gail & John:
Hi All,

I just received the press release from WRV announcing Bob Lee's resignation from WRV. I would like to post it here, but I got it in a Word format and can't figure out how to put it here. Can anyone tell me how to do so when it is not a hyperlink? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gail,
simply open your Word document, highlight (select) the text that you want, right click on it select copy, come back here, and paste into the thread.
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Hugh, I find no way to paste it in when I am in the window to reply to the message.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:19 AM   #11

Gail,
did you try to right click the window?
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:20 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Hugh, you are just so smart! Here 'tis...

To Our Valued Customers;

Western RV is solidly restructuring and moving forward with key initiatives involving product offerings, customer service and operational efficiencies. Through the efforts of the existing management team and Monomoy Capital Partners, the companies' future is very bright.

In organizations, change is inevitable. And although we are a new entity in some regards, we are faced with a change in our leadership team. Bob Lee is resigning his position as Chairman of the Board of WRV. Bob is doing so to pursue his passion for being a part of the company he founded Country Coach. As part of a new ownership of Country Coach, Bob has accepted an opportunity to return as Chairman Emeritus.

We wish Bob well in his endeavors as we understand his attachment for the company he founded and built. Also, we thank him for his valued input and the efforts he has made at WRV.

We believe strongly in the opportunities at WRV and are confident that the course the company is on will yield significant growth and opportunity. Going forward we are committed to building upon our 36 year tradition of providing innovative, quality products and backing them with a high level of customer service.

Ron Doyle, President, Western Recreational Vehicles, Inc.

Richard Fish, Operating Partner, Monomoy Capital Partners, L.P.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:27 AM   #13

Gives Monmoy an easy exit strategy- 1) sell WRV to CC for shares, 2) CC goes public in 3-5 years.
Alpine would not be inconsistent w/the CC lines, tho there would be some overlap to hash out (i.e. their two lowest trim lines, the better of which competes head to head w/Alpine Limited). The chassis lines could learn (or more acurately borrow) things from each other to the betterment of both IMO. One of the reasons I believe the Alpine ride is so sweet is the lower Center of Gravity. The CC truss frame (vs. C-rails used by WRV) could be used to maintain Alpine's lower CG while improving on cargo access; don't know if CC has moved to multi-plexed chassis electronics yet, but Apline was a leader in that. CC could sure make big bucks real quick on the Apex drawers and maybe solve the CCC issue at the same time. Woo hoo!, this is getting better all the time
Old 02-20-2007, 11:41 AM   #14

It would appear to me that Mr Lee(apperently one that cures all ills) played a very slick program on WRV. The obvious would to be to pull additional monies and holdings with Country Coach. This individual is way ahead of you folks. His plan was totally premediated and worked to the tee. Fact Mr Lee is not a part of WRV. He never planned to be. Done and over.
Question is where does WRV stand with Monomoy. WRV got sucked into a very typical desperate issue. Have you noticed the new sale prices on Alpines lately. Give them another week and you will be able to knock another 40% off that price. Where do you think your re-sale is headed.
Folks, get your head out of your A** and be aware your Alpine is going to be worth peanuts at best. Let's get some concrete financial position from Monomoy. Eliminate the Silverleaf product it appears to be nothing but a headache & nusiance. Take the coach as it is, with the new slideouts which appears to be terrific and refine evrything else so there are no complaints. Clean up the, that's okay, into thats perfect. This coach will sell. There is no miracle individual just precision and quality work. Get every quality control person that Alpine has and get people who understand what quality control means. If they were here in the past, dump them. (This is okay, doesn't fly) My guess is if they stick around everyone in management will disappear rapidly. They could not make a profit prior, what changes that. New management. Build a class A coach without all this crap of improvements, get it back on the market and get some sales. Without this Alpine, WRV whatever you care to call it is history. Cleanup the crappy woodworking, make the TV's work(an absolutelte must) Get a decent kitchen sink, decent fixtures and put this unit on the market and get it sold. Forget suggestions, forget little inuendos and decide where you would like Alpine, WRV wherever to go. Right know they are headed right down the tube. Forget the pipe dreams, this is called fight for your life. Sell The Mercedes and get a Ford or maybe you folks just don't give a ****. Let somebody else edit it. Alpine is a good coach until you start to cheat here and there. If it does not change I would not even consider buying another one.
If you are interested I will send you a what to add, what to improve and get going with it. If you find this unsatisfactory forget it. Who the **** needs an electric hose reel wind up. App. what $ 200.00. Fix the TV's and the **** with the hose reel

Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote