Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-14-2007, 07:34 PM   #43

Alpine Owners Club
Gale & John
It's Pat that makes sure I keep the Roof spotless......

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2007, 06:19 PM   #44

Chuck...being a Firefighter wouldn't have anything to do with it??????

Old 01-15-2007, 07:08 PM   #45

Alpine Owners Club
Ed
Yes,you know it is even in the blood as we retire.....I always say "A clean RIG(coach)is a happy one"
Old 01-15-2007, 09:13 PM   #46

Alpine Owners Club
Word has it Chuck takes his alpine down to the firestation every Wednesday and they polish it for him. It was part of the retirement package
Old 01-16-2007, 03:53 PM   #47

I heard that Ron Doyle has stepped down to Vice President ... can anyone confirm??? I have also heard that they were going to evaluate each individual supervisor and or management team member and see if they really contribute to the success of the company!??
Old 01-16-2007, 08:52 PM   #48

Alpine Owners Club
Tom
I have them trained to come to the house
Old 01-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #49

Alpine Owners Club
ACseDreamer,

I am here at DRR VI in Quartzsite, and Ron was here today along with Burk Morgan, Bob Lee and Richard Fish. In the Q&A for WRV, someone asked what the corporate structure was, and Ron said Bob Lee was the Chairman of the Board, Richard was Monomoy's Operating Officer assigned to WRV and he was President. So, I think your rumors are wrong.

In regards to the evaluation of the supervisory and management team, Ron said there is no change to any of the management team at this time, but personnel are being evaluated and some changes are being made and new people being hired. This happens in any buyout. I think time will tell what affect this has on various individuals, but I would expect any changes to come will do nothing but improve the experiences we, the owners, have with quality and service. Richard was very clear that these two areas will have a lot of focus over the next few months.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:33 PM   #50

Alpine Owners Club
Chet,

You definitely are not alone in your experience. There were a number of owners there in Quartzsite yesterday that asked some pointed questions and voiced the same concerns as you express here. Actually, Richard Fish from Monomoy addressed a number of those, and reaffirmed that they are looking at each aspect of the production process and working on ways to improve the quality control. Also, they are very aware of our, the owners', concerns over customer service and the dealer network (both for sales and servicing)...if they weren't before, they are now after the Q&A yesterday. While no specific actions were outlined, I am hoping they know where to really focus their attention. We just have to be patient with the change process...I do believe they will get there.

But, Chet, I do agree...Show me.

BTW, have you talked to Mike Glazier about your recall issue? He typically is most responsive.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #51

This reported on the Yahoo Diesel Pusher group:

BREAKING NEWS
Country Coach, Lee Try to Work Out Dispute
RV Business
Friday, January 9, 2009

The 500 employees at the idled Country Coach plant in Junction City, Ore., shouldn't wait around for the plant to restart, founder and investor Bob Lee told the Register-Guard, Thursday (Jan. 9). "They should be out looking for a job," he said in an interview.

Country Coach's attorney, however, said that the company has every reason to believe it will continue operations. Lee has been at odds with the company since December when he sued to evict Country Coach from its 60-acre property in Junction City that Lee and his family continue to own.

This is after Lee sold the company he founded to Perris, Calif.-based National RV Inc., watched it lose millions of dollars over 11 years, then helped a clutch of investors re-buy the company, returning to the Junction City campus in 2007 as a hero.
{Note: this was after the short involvement w/Monomoy & WRV as discussed earlier in this thread.}

CEO Jay Howard referred to Lee as the "essence of Country Coach" at the time.

The eviction lawsuit is just one more sign of the luxury recreational vehicle maker's financial woes. Just over a week ago, Howard sent a letter to employees saying the plant might close permanently if the company could not get new financing, and that massive layoffs are in the works in any case.

Howard did not return calls to the Register-Guard seeking comment for this story.

But, on Thursday, Country Coach attorney Todd R. Johnston provided a written statement saying that the company will remain in its current location and that "Country Coach has every reason to believe that the financing it needs to continue operations will be forthcoming and that the valuable niche it has developed in this market will be preserved."

Attorney David Wade, who represents Lee, his wife Terry, and his brother Ronald, said the family is prepared to dismiss the eviction lawsuit under a set of terms that Wade declined to disclose. "Let's just say that, if it's performed the landlord will be satisfied, and we'll dismiss the eviction proceeding and I expect it to be performed." The Lee family brought the lawsuit, court records show, after Country Coach defaulted on the December lease payment on the plant property located on eight city blocks in Junction City.

Lee said the family was not trying to shut the plant down or require it to move. "Sometimes you have to use a little force to get the decision you're looking for," Lee said. "It was a way to keep the pieces in place. That's all we we're doing. It was a way to keep things from being auctioned off. It succeeded, I think." Lee said he has no direct say in business decisions, even though he was named "emeritus CEO" when he returned in 2007, after a Los Angeles-based private investment group that he was allied with bought the company.

Lee said he'd worked at other RV enterprises alongside Howard, who the investment group installed as CEO in Junction City. "Jay and I have worked on three turnarounds and they were all successful except this one. So far, we're not successful in turning this one around, but the economy has gotten so much worse," Lee said.

The economic downturn has been brutal on the nation's RV makers. The Register-Guard reported that the industry has shipped 50% fewer Class A units the large, bus-like motorhomes this year compared to the previous year. In the past 12 months, 45 of about 2,850 RV dealerships around the country have closed, according to the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA).

Country Coach began a series of layoffs in December 2007, with the work force falling from as many as 1,800 workers to about 500. Last month, Country Coach doubled its usual holiday idle period to four weeks. The plant had been set to restart on Jan. 5, but, as of Thursday, there was no sign of resumption.

"The finance companies are not working with us much," Lee said. "There's no money to buy a new coach; You have a hard time getting a loan, if you're a buyer. The banks won't provide) loans for coaches to the dealers because the dealers can't afford to do it
so you can't build any new product and you can't pay your suppliers."

Country Coach fell behind on its payments to suppliers, who tried to remain patient so the company could regain its footing, company officials previously said.

"We're working to get the pieces together so (Country Coach) can get enough money together to pay some of the suppliers who can't afford to carry it anymore," Lee said Thursday. "All the little mom and pop shops in the Junction City, Harrisburg and Monroe area, all those people are in trouble because the RV company is in trouble. The economy today is ust upside down." Lee said he's still striving to preserve Country Coach and that the company's current nosedive is painful for him to witness.

"The lender is in on some of the things we're doing; it's not as much as we'd like. (And) we're trying to get the investors to come more in, too," he said. "We'll work with them until everything is gone or it's up and running again."
Old 01-12-2009, 08:45 AM   #52

Alpine Owners Club
I had heard that Country Coach was in serious trouble. But...WOW...it sounds like WRV all over again! It would be very sad to see Country Coach fail, too!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Unless some miricle happens it looks like they are gone.

bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote