Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2009, 07:27 AM   #1

brake pad brand and part #'s ?

Anybody know the brake pad brand(best) and part #'s for a late 01 Alpine?
Are front and rear the same? Also might need rotors, not sure yet but if anybody knows the part #'s to them would be much helpful also. Thanks for any help.

2001 Alpine 38 FDDS
2racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:58 PM   #2

2racer,

In about February 2006, I had the brake rotors and pads replaced on my 2001 Alpine Coach at Buddy Gregg Motorhomes. They did a great job. You might contact them to see what they used:

Buddy Gregg Motor Homes TX
1206 North Stemmons Freeway
Lewisville, TX 75067
800-858-7139 Toll-Free
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #3

Curious? I have an early 01 with 102,000 miles on it and when I recently had my wheels pulled I was told I have plently of brake life left on the pads and rotors. So naturally I am curious as to what mileage you all have to have had your brakes replaced. Granted I always run with the pac brake on and I downshift frequently to avoid heating up the brakes so I am conservative on the brakes, but still I am curious.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #4

jetar,

Depends on your driving. On my 2001 Alpine, I drove mostly in the mountains of California, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado - even with the Pakbrake there is still lots of braking. With my 2006 Alpine, I drive mostly from Texas back to the East coast - very little braking in comparison.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:44 PM   #5

We have 171,000 miles on it and tow a large toad. This will be the first time we have to have the brakes done.

2001 Alpine 38 FDDS
Old 10-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Wow! That's great. I may have many years until a brake job. However, I will be changing the fluid more frequently.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #7

Buddy Gregg doesn't have info

We tried contacting Buddy Gregg to get the part #'s, but they wanted us to bring it in. (to TX, we're in FL) They said they would have to take ours off and go to a large truck parts place to match them up. I tried to talk them into checking past files for previous Alpines, but no luck.

Any chance you have the receipt with any info on it. I need the part #'s for the brakes and rotors, front and back. I really can't have the downtime of just leaving it somewhere. I usually do most of the work myself. I really cannot take the tires off without the parts in my hand to put on, so I can get back on the road. The coach is my home while I work out of town and I move around a lot. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2001 Alpine 38 FDDS
Old 10-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #8

2racer,

Sorry, but I no longer have the maintenance and repair files for the 2001 Alpine Coach, since I gave all those files to the new owner when I sold the coach.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #9

Brake parts

Try the below link and use the " Contact Us" pull down menu to search for a Meritor/Wabco distric rep in your area (zip code). I used it to find a local repair facility and it worked well.
http://www.meritorwabco.com/ProductSegment.aspx
TedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2racer View Post
Anybody know the brake pad brand(best) and part #'s for a late 01 Alpine?
Are front and rear the same? Also might need rotors, not sure yet but if anybody knows the part #'s to them would be much helpful also. Thanks for any help.
Had my 2000 36' front brakes done in Oregon in August at a truck repair shop because the disks where cracked all the way through, so they put new GUND176M ROTORS, ABESD786A DISC PAD, MSC355-141 CALIPER.
Hope this info helps, if you need more info i could contact the shop and maybe get more.
Franz & Vanora Jansohn
goferfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:58 PM   #11

Thanks for info very much. Are 2000 and 2001 the same? If anybody knows it would be much appreciated.

2001 Alpine 38 FDDS
Old 11-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #12

had the wheels pulled this morning and found I have Dayton brake parts.
calipers Dayton 597B all 4 wheels
front rotor was Dayton 173557 or 178577 was pretty corroded- hard to know for sure even after wire brushing
could not get #'s off rear rotor- none visible from front of hub and could not see backside w/o breaking assembly down
Anybody with some info would be awesome, called my local buddy at Napa truck store and he could not find or cross any of these #'s.

2001 Alpine 38 FDDS
Old 11-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #13

found the part # for Dayton 597Bcaliper casting # is S60050595 and uses pad #D1032
front rotor # is more than likely is 123577 hat style rotor

2001 Alpine 38 FDDS
Old 11-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Hello Heath:

Regarding your question are the 2000 and 2001 the same?

No they are not the same there some differences between the two model years as it was for every year there are changes.

Most changes were small. In 2001 WRV changed the brakes from a Floating Caliber (With Pin Sliders) to a fixed caliper. I think 99% of the 2001 had the brake caliper change. The 2001 also had the New Smart Steering Wheel, different bay door locks, and electric step cover on the front door models. And some other minor changes including the first year you could special order the new paint scheme which had an MSRP of $14,000 extra, which became standard in 2002. I found that every year WRV had changed something for the new model year.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote