Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Broke down in Pigeon Forge, TN HELP!!!!!

Help. My Hydraulic pump on the HWH is out. 0 PSI Ricky's is trying to fix it but, have trouble getting parts fro HWH (little help from HWH) the pump is made by Parker #643147 called them and they told me it was propitiatory and I would have to get it from HWH. any suggestions?
I have a 2006 Alpine Limited 4 slide
Larry

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Does that make your RV unusable?

Old 10-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #3

It is probably brushes. One of our members Louis Birch was able to get brushes at NAPA and modify them to fit for a temporary fix. Try sending a PM to Louis he may have written the part# down.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Slides are out can't move
Old 10-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hi,

I had the same problem and got a reoplacement from HWH. After I got home I took it to a Auto Parts store that rebuilds starters and they repaired it. It had something to do with a bad ground connection.

If Mobile RV Repair can't fix it take it out and take it an Auto Parts srtore that repairs starters on location and I'm sure they will help you.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #6

Are you sure the pump is dead. The 625 control panel is known to go out on your vintage of coach. If the 625 panel is the problm you can close the slides by activating the slide sitch and and applying 12 volts to the pump relay.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
I had a pump motor quit but luckily only the gen slide was out about 8" and drove home with the alarm button taped shut. I proved the pump was bad once I got home by using a voltmeter and long clip leads (Radio Shack). I connected the voltmeter between ground and the red battery type cable connected to the motor. I sat the voltmeter on the steps of the coach while pressing an "action" button (gen slide, room slide, jacks). The meter displayed 12V+ but the motor failed to run. Bad motor!
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #8

I know on our Journey, there is a backup plan, I have seen it in the manual.
I know it involves opening up a couple of valves and push the sliders in, it's going to take a couple of people to push. Hope that will work for you.
RMinflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #9

If you are sure the pump is bad, there is a emergency retract procedure for the rooms by HWH. Retract the jacks first. They retract by spring pressure, so there should not be a problem there. For each room slide, there are two solenoids, one for retract and one for extend. There is a 1/4 inch nut on the end of each solenoid to release the pressure. Open valves only enough to retract the room. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OPEN VALVES NOT MORE THAN 4 1/2 TURNS OR YOU WILL DAMAGE THE VALVES. The earlier coaches had a winch to retract the rooms, however WRV Chose not to put them on later coaches. The bedroom slides could be pushed in, but there is a pressure you have to break loose to start coming in. There is probably no way you will manually push the living room slide in. You need 2 come-a-longs to evenly pull it in and hooked from the coach frame to the outer end where the cylinder pushes out. Once the rooms are retracted, you would have to close the valves, so the rooms do not come out some.

I would be easier if you could to get the pump working.
2007 Apex MDTS (425 hp) #75723
2007 Toyota 4-Runner
2014 Ram Laramie 3500
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
About a year ago my pump quit on me. We found that a combination of (1) a small amount of fluid had leaked around base of the common manifold which probably interfered with the ground through the bottom of the manifold and (2) the actual ground cable from the manifold was loose where it connected behind the HWH compartment. In the process we also replaced one of the two starter solenoids, but I don't think that really was the issue. Always check the ground.
TerryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Well, Today they installed a new pump, motor, and well with fresh Hyd fluid. and it still would not work the slides or jacks. Owner of repair company coming out at 9 am (this sucks)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #12

Larry, If nothing works and the fuses are good. There is a good chance the HWH control panel in the HYD compartment is bad. There are numerous threads on the subject.

The slides can be operated by applying power to the pins 1 and 12 of connector 3 on the 625 panel. When power is applied to pin 12 the slides will work normally from the switches inside the coach. Just disconnect the CN-3 connector brown/tan and apply+12v to pin 1 & 12. A piece of 14 ga solid copper wire works good as a pin.

The only thing the slides use the 625 panel for is to apply power to pin 13 otherwise it is strictly used for the leveling system.

ML35963.PDF link to 625 service manual

no hydraulics working Thread on 625 issue
Old 10-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
This is the method Wayne is referring to, which he helped me figure out when we were stuck with the slides out in Zihuatanejo Mexico a couple of years ago. Emergency HWH Slide Operation.doc
Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #14

John, glad you documented the process. I was scrambling to refresh my memory.

An easier method is to get power from T1. That way the slide switch supplies the power, and all can be run from inside the coach. The down side is the panel needs to remove to do this.