Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Langord
Broken Driver Side Window

Ok, I know Joel wasn't supposed to break the window while trying to defog, BUT.......does anyone have any idea where we can have the window replaced ASAP in Orange County, CA. We are planning to be in Indio for the raly...any idea IF it might be available there.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Joel &/or Mary -Orange County,CA
2006 Alpine MDTS #75546
Langord is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Try these companies, Action Glass in Fontana, 909-823-6741
Walt's RV in Fontana, Ca, 909-823-0563
AZ RV Salvage in Phoenix, Az 877-824-8242
I've dealt with all of them, you will need the info on your coach, year, make model, and some numbers off of the window. Hopefully it's not smashed out.
Action made a side glass for me in 2006, $80.
Good Luck

GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
Not sure, but I think most places that do automotive glass will do it. A lot of them right at your house. I'm sure most will have to order it. The Numbers on the windshield has the information they can use to order it. FYI, my right front was $1500.00 - so depending on your deductable......? It took about a week to get the glass. The number for the left windshield is the same as the right, except one of the numbers has a suffix of "R" instead of "L" (If you left is totaled and you can't read the numbers).
2001 Alpine Coach 36'
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Towed
GMDavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
Alpine Owners Club

Hello Joel:

I had two panes in the Drivers window replaced due to fogging, they came out removed the window had new glass made and reinstalled the window for $250.00 per glass replaced for a total of $500.00. I even had them place a tinted window on the top glass. The windows look GREAT.

They may even go out to Indio to do the work. Unfortunately it takes 3 to 4 days to have the glass made and heat treated for a safety glass. They also do Windshields on Motorhomes and cars.

Contact Reliable Auto Glass, (909) 723-4125 or (951) 892-4612. They are located on Redlands CA.
Dave Fernandez
2001, 38ft FDDS, 350 ISC, Tow 2004 Yukon
Dave Fernandez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Langord
Dave: Thanks for the info on Reliable Auto Glass. Will definitely contact them.
I successfully defogged both of the top windows, driver & passenger, but obviously didn't have a surgeon's hands on the larger window.
Joel &/or Mary -Orange County,CA
2006 Alpine MDTS #75546
Langord is offline   Reply With Quote