Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2006, 08:43 PM   #15

Tom,
The 40 footer did really well in the canyon but traffic was light and I didnt have to worry about holding any traffic up. I was a little slow the first time up in it. My 32 footer was a little easier when I had it. I have been up and down that canyon many many times over the years and some of those narrow areas still worry me abit... wouldn't want to meet a semi going the other way

I was in Fresno Friday and Saturday for a funeral (my Uncle died) . Just dry camped in a parking lot near the Picadilly Inn University where the rest of my family was staying.
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #16

Well, we really got snow now! What was supposed to be a minor storm ended up being a record-breaker for Albuquerque. By the end of today it looked like almost a foot of accumulation. John when up to sweep it off this evening as we expect to need to bring the slides in on Tuesday and we didn't want anything to freeze stuck up there. Fingers crossed, but we don't expect any more accumulation. The sun is supposed to be out tomorrow.

morning today - still snowing!!

evening - after 24 hours the snow finally stopped. Wow - settled and still almost a foot of snow!

Audrey
Old 12-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #17

Audrey and John,

Wow! And I have been whining about spending another week in NW Arkansas. Are they treating you good at camp Cummins? How much longer do you expect to be there?

By the way thanks for sharing the mattress heater suggestion. Ours arrived today and I took a cozy nap this afternoon.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:13 AM   #18

The radiator was due to arrive this past Thursday but didn't. It might have arrived at the radiator shop on Friday - who knows now with all this weather! Regardless, we are hoping this Tuesday (Jan 2) they'll get to work.

The Cummins folks here are very good. And other than the inconvenience of being parked in a fenced-in "compound" (good for security though), this is a very convenient location for ABQ fun, so we feel like are being treated well.

So glad you enjoyed your mattress cover! I tell you, there is just nothing like getting in a bed that is already warm!

We expect as soon as we leave here (maybe stop for a few days near White Sands), we'll be heading to Kerrville and we'll likely stay at Buckhorn, so expect to see us before too long!

Audrey
Old 12-31-2006, 09:22 AM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wow, and we think we have it bad in Wisconsin for the winter season! As of today we haven't had any accumulation of snow for the season yet and it's raining with temps in the mid 40s. I always thougtht if I went south for the winter I would enjoy better weather, I may have to rethink that!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:39 AM   #20

Audry, do you carry chains? The thought of driving these rigs on snow-covered highways kind of gives me the shivers(no pun intended).
lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #21

Hi Audrey/John,
Haven't heard anything from you so I was wondering if there was ever a happy ending to your radiator dilemma?? If you are still there in NM how is your coach holding up in the cold?? We're still in the Kerrville area...Chet
Old 01-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #22

Audrey and John,

I, too, have been wondering if everything is okay. Hope you have the radiator fixed and are somewhere where the weather is not too bad.

Beverly
Buddy and Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:23 PM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
Hi there Steve and Pat. What size beach balls? 6, 7, 8" in diameter? Just one per side? In the middle?

Lynn
2004 36MDDS #74920
Poulsbo, WA
Lynn Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:07 PM   #24

Hey thanks for checking up on us!

We made it back to Texas OK. We were delayed a little bit - a couple of extra things needed to be fixed. But the delay meant that we avoided a nasty ice/snow storm in Central TX. In the meantime we visited White Sands NM, then waited in Las Cruces for the TX weather to clear before returning.

The coach did pretty darn well in all that cold weather. We had at least two nights that got down to 12 degrees measured by our own outside temperature sensors. No apparent problems!

I sure hope we can avoid getting any colder than that in the future!

Audrey
Old 01-24-2007, 03:25 PM   #25

Audrey and John,

Glad you are back safely in TX and missed the ice storm. Also, it's good to know the coaches are maneageable in below freezing temps (if things are working right). Of course, we don't have hydrohot, so we would be filling the propane tank often.

Beverly
Buddy and Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote