Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:35 PM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
I have removed the frame from the rear tv on my 07 34 but cannot see how to remove the old tube tv. Are the blocks glued? I would like to hinge the frame, with the tv mounted, from the right but it is too close to the wall. Any suggestions?

Rick J Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick J Fisher View Post
I have removed the frame from the rear tv on my 07 34 but cannot see how to remove the old tube tv. Are the blocks glued? I would like to hinge the frame, with the tv mounted, from the right but it is too close to the wall. Any suggestions?
blocks are usally wedged in...I have the same set up as it's too close to the wall and the window box sticks out

Old 06-13-2016, 06:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry davis View Post
Here's a view with the tv unit opened
whenyou are lay'n in bed does the window box block part of the tv??
Old 06-13-2016, 08:54 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
The window box does not block the view but it would limit the swing to about 50 degrees. Mine looks like the Davis' but they had a new frame made. I could use the space but do not want to demolish the interior box or pay for a new frame.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:28 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick J Fisher View Post
The window box does not block the view but it would limit the swing to about 50 degrees. Mine looks like the Davis' but they had a new frame made. I could use the space but do not want to demolish the interior box or pay for a new frame.
OT but do you have brakes on your jeep.. or have you ever towed with out them

I have the two stage engine brake...your the same?
Old 06-13-2016, 10:37 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Replaced our rear TV last year with a 24" Samsung that runs off 12 VDC. Still uses the coax for antenna from the front. I just picked up a SONY Blu-Ray player that also runs off 12 volts and uses the HDMI input on the TV. So both work off the house batteries now and are more efficient since they don't need an inverter. Great for when we boondock.
Old Radios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Radios View Post
Replaced our rear TV last year with a 24" Samsung that runs off 12 VDC. Still uses the coax for antenna from the front. I just picked up a SONY Blu-Ray player that also runs off 12 volts and uses the HDMI input on the TV. So both work off the house batteries now and are more efficient since they don't need an inverter. Great for when we boondock.
do you know the amp draw of both?...or watts
Old 06-14-2016, 07:21 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
do you know the amp draw of both?...or watts
Blu-Ray player is 9.5 watts, Samsung TV is rated at 25 watts. Both most likely use a little less than that as I don't use the AC cord with the power supply they came with and just plug them in directly to the house DC which would be a little more efficient.

Just remember to install a switch in the DC line to them so they don't draw anything when you shut them off (or unplug them). I have mine wired to a cigarette lighter plug I got from Radio Shack that has a switch and LED built into it so I can easily shut them off.
Old Radios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:03 PM   #23

We just had ours done. Moved the front TV to the wall across from the couch & changed the big "head-banger" box to a smaller storage cabinet. In the bedroom, the tv is mounted on a door. Before, the tv was fixed to the frame of the box. That box is probably, now, the biggest storage cabinet in the coach. BTW, we had the work done, & had HDMI cables added. Sorry, no picture of the front tv in it's new spot. We're not quite done with that part of the project.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3062.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	130266   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3063.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	130267  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3067.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	130268  
Old 06-14-2016, 08:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by schools out View Post
We just had ours done. Moved the front TV to the wall across from the couch & changed the big "head-banger" box to a smaller storage cabinet. In the bedroom, the tv is mounted on a door. Before, the tv was fixed to the frame of the box. That box is probably, now, the biggest storage cabinet in the coach. BTW, we had the work done, & had HDMI cables added. Sorry, no picture of the front tv in it's new spot. We're not quite done with that part of the project.
cool job....how did you get all the wires from the front to the side and down the wall?
Old 06-14-2016, 08:46 PM   #25

That's some slick woodworking. I'm still practicing putting 2 2x4s together!
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:54 PM   #26

Sorry, if I led you to believe we have mad skills. We had the conversion done at a local RV dealership. It was my idea, though. The RV dealership ordered matching doors from Newmar...A service tech rebuilt everything else on site. What a talented guy.
As far as the wiring & cables go...they ran them from the upper cab location, following the same path as the outside tv cables, underneath & up into the end kitchen cupboard. They didn't run them through the wall. The control box for all the televisions is in the original location. Hope that makes sense.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:02 PM   #27

28" TV

Changed out both tv's this week bought a 28" LED HD smart tv Samsung at H H Gregg $198
Old 06-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #28

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
OT but do you have brakes on your jeep.. or have you ever towed with out them

I have the two stage engine brake...your the same?
I towed a Jeep without brakes for many years without toad braking but I do not think it is a good idea. The trailer has brakes on one axle and I plan on converting the other axle. I have the two stage brake and love it but it does not turn on the brake lights so the trailer's brakes are not activated. Anybody know a fix for this?