Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #1

Angry charger171 Alpine Westler 2005 40 ft d-pusher

I am looking for some info on a 2005 Alpine Westler Edtion 40 ft diesel pusher.I have found one that I like on the Porter rv sight but can't find out much about the Alpine at 2005 they say they out of business or have joined another company.Has anyone have any thoughts on this model. I leave in Canada and am thinking of making my trip south to buy.I understand it also may be hard to get parts in Canada does anyone know could do my servicing.The price right but as a new to rving it a hard choice.
charger171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Charger171,
I looked up the MH you are looking at. It is indeed an Alpine Coach. I've never heard of a Wester Edition however. Perhaps someone who has an '05 will chime in.
Western Recreational Vehicles (WRV) built Alpine's. They went under a couple of years ago. Most all the components are from independent manufactures so repair will not be a problem. If possible, talk with the previous owner. he can tell you about the particular unit. I will defer to owners of the '05's for particular ins and outs of that year.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Charger:

Here is the original Sales Brochure. In it, you'll see that most everything was made by someone else. That is normal for motorhomes. Repairs have never been a problem for us. Good luck. I hope you join us!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2005 Alpine Coach Limited.pdf (1.83 MB, 1199 views)
Old 10-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #4

Charger171,

Check out the Alpine Coach Association technical information website for a couple of very good Pre-Delivery Checklists:

A.http://www.alpinecoachassociation.com/moretech/PDI.pdf

B. http://www.alpinecoachassociation.co...eCheckList.pdf

Make sure any RECALLS have been done for this model year. See these links for RECALLS for the 2005 model year:

2005 WESTERN ALPINE COACH RECALL FOR EQUIPMENT, RECREATIONAL VEHICLE, LPG WATER HEATER PROBLEM

2005 WESTERN ALPINE COACH RECALL FOR ELECTRICAL SYSTEM PROBLEM

2005 WESTERN ALPINE COACH RECALL FOR ELECTRICAL SYSTEM PROBLEM

Also, see these irv2.com links for info on (a) a possible steering gear bracket attachment issue and (b) a possible rear end deficiency:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/caut...ssue-1077.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/poss...05s-66414.html

Don't let me alarm you about these issues, since they are all fixable, but you need to determine if these issues have been fixed on the Alpine Coach that you are considering. If not, then either the selling dealer or you will need to fix them.
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #5

charger171 Alpine info

Thanks alot guys this has been a great help will let you know how make out.
charger171 is offline   Reply With Quote