Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #1

Has anyone unbolted their residential refer from the floor to pull it out and vacuum the condenser fan outlet grill?

05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #2

Has anyone unbolted their residential refer from the floor to pull it out and vacuum the condenser fan outlet grill?

Old 02-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #3

Wayne:

I have and it is not a huge issue.
One item I did not catch on delivery of our coach was in turning on the ice maker, the floor would flood. WRV forgot to hook the water line up to the refer. And, no where in the manuals does it tell you the shut off valve is behind the panel in dump station area.
There are two bolts to the floor that hold the refer in place, remove, then you will need a little help the get the unit up over the tile edge, then it rolls easily from there.

.......... good luck

Walt

2004 Alpine 40FDTS
Indio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:44 PM   #4

Thanks Walt,

It appears mine has 4 bolts but I am not sure. There are 4 hex head bolts coming up through the floor in the area of the refer.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:19 PM   #5

Wayne:

On mine, pulling the vent panel off the bottom, revealed two bolts that went INTO the floor, not from underneath up.
Seems, like electrical plugs not running off the inverter, each coach off the line gets it's own configuration.
A sweet idea would be for WRV to give all the new owners, along with the other manuals, the specific "build sheet work order" for each unit.

Take care,

Walt

2004 Alpine 40FDTS
Indio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:38 AM   #6

I am sure that mine is completely different since I have an Avalanche. There are two bolts going into the floor as has been mentioned. Once the bolts are removed, it is a 2 person minimum operation to get it over the threshold.

As to a build sheet for the coach, I doubt highly if there is such a thing! Based on the tour, I would be willing to bet that each coach is build to print with the print being open to interpretation in some areas.
WeBrzn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #7

WeBrzn2- there is an in-plant "build sheet," and one that goes to the dealer that is different. I think the reason is one is wholesale, the other retail. I know this because of the handful of mismatches between my order & the actual coach build when we picked it up @ the factory; I got a copy of the in-plant version & went line by line against the order paperwork to straighten out the discrepancies. The in-plant version has some things that the dealer sheet doesn't need, as it breaks some items in the order out into steps (probably for accounting reasons to track the labor & material sub-units of production).
It surprised me WRV didn't have this cross-match step in their repertoir.
The dealer sheet w/the MSRP is frequently displayed in the coach or to the customer.

As to the build schematics, I received an "Alpine" manual during coach delivery that has 11x17 schematics at the back (plumbing, wiring...). So far as I have had reason to delve into them, they are quite representative of the actual build. There are more drawings to the build "plans;" these are used in the plant; most of us don't have reason to keep records of the wall/roof framing, etc., so those are not in the owner packet.

It is possible w/a 2nd-hand coach that some of these schematics got lost along the way. Don't know how far back this was SOP for WRV manuals.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #8

Wayne,

I have also rolled out the resid. frig in our 2003. Ours has 4 bolts thru the floor with two of the four being in the tank compartment (must unbolt the access panel to the tanks). In our 03 the frig is a tight fit in the cabinet so I also had to lower the leveling wheels on all four corners of the frig to roll it up on to the tile floor--dont over loosen the back rollers as they can/will fall apart.....good luck....dean
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:49 PM   #9

Engineer Mike, I guess what I am really talking about is a build documentation log that provides the build sequence and the objective evidence that certain build steps and processes have been accomplished.

In the case of what I have seen, this type of documentation does not exist. The build sheet as you refer is available listing the "configuration" of the coach. I do have the schematics in my owners manual and have found them to be quite usefull.

I have first hand experience with a critical step in the build process having been missed/not performed, and no objective evidence existing that could have been reviewed to identify the miss prior to shipment. In my experience, it is extremely usefull for manufacturers of complex items (I think an RV qualifies) to use build logs to plan and accomplish the build process. This also ensures that critical steps are not missed.
WeBrzn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:53 PM   #10

Wayne
Were you able to remove refer? I have water leak probably ice maker. 05 40MDTS W/Amana refer.
As far as I can tell leak is coming from the back of refer. Thanks Larry
Old 02-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #11

Ref last note--from Larry, two items of interest about frig leaks--1) WRV uses a small plastic pipe to connect the frig with the coach water system--most residential installations require/dictate using a soft-copper loop behind the frig, and 2) there is a plastic evap pan on the lower right side, behind the frig kick plate, the hose from the freezer dumps there (used during the defrost cycle I believe), suggest you check the end of that hose for clogs. Mine was clogged so water ran out bottom of freezer door instead and on to kitchen tile in front of frig--sure looked like a leak to me!!!!!..dean
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:07 PM   #12

Alpinerv, No I am wating until I get back to ORA in Arkansasa and then I will pull it out. April 1 is probably about the time I will do it.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:21 AM   #13

RE: leaking ice maker
talked to Rex, there are 4 lag screws from compartment below refer going up into bottom of refer. Need to take out cover on box that has electric outlet & outside tv hook ups as well as vacumn. not lookirg forward to doing. definitely water leak from ice maker line as stops when h2o turned off. will keep in touch w/ results
Old 10-02-2008, 07:31 AM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
I need to pull my fresidential refrigerator for repair. It sounds like you have the same configuration (02 38FDDS) so I am interested in your efforts to getting at the refrigerator tie down bolts. Other's experiences sure do help us avoid the unnecessary. Appreciate your response.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alpinerver:
RE: leaking ice maker
talked to Rex, there are 4 lag screws from compartment below refer going up into bottom of refer. Need to take out cover on box that has electric outlet & outside tv hook ups as well as vacumn. not lookirg forward to doing. definitely water leak from ice maker line as stops when h2o turned off. will keep in touch w/ results </div></BLOCKQUOTE>