Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #1

What do you use to clean the ultra leather chairs? I've read to just use mild soap. Is that all? any suggestions?

Also, what can be used to restore the shine on the Karadon kitchen counters? With use ours is getting dull.

Thanks. dj

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Donna & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #2

What do you use to clean the ultra leather chairs? I've read to just use mild soap. Is that all? any suggestions?

Also, what can be used to restore the shine on the Karadon kitchen counters? With use ours is getting dull.

Thanks. dj

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Old 04-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Donna - I've just used a wet cloth & if there is actually dirt or grease a very little mild soap. If it is ink on the ultra leather - unscented hair spray is suppose to be used. I carry a small can just for that use!
Carolyn
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:11 PM   #4

Donna: The first few times I used only soap and water and the Ultra Leather looked dull, so now I clean my Ultra Leather seats and couch with a combo Leather and Vinyl cleaner that I bought at WalMart. Also I find that GOOGONE is a great stain remover. I have used it on the chairs for pen and other stubborn stains and it has always worked for me.I clean after using with warm water.
For the Karadon I use two different products: 303 Aerospace Protectant, it cleans and has some sun protection. Countertop Magic is the other and I bought that at Lowes or Home Depot.
I hope this helps.
Dale
Old 04-18-2007, 07:56 AM   #5

We've always used the Armoral(sp?) vinyl cleaner wipes. They work very well. They work well on the dash too. Takes grease right off.

Audrey
Old 04-18-2007, 08:01 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Donna, I also use Countertop Magic on my countertops, and it works really well.

Also, the Flexsteel person at one of our gearhead sessions a while back said to use only a damp cloth or mild soap to clean the ultra leather. I am surprised that Daley says they use the leather/vinyl cleaner, but if that makes the leather look brighter and cleaner, I'd be all for it.

Daley, does the GooGone leave any residue on the ultra leather after you wipe it down with warm water? I use GooGone for removing sticky stuff from just about anything, but have never tried it for stain removal. Thanks for the tip!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #7

I have never had any residue with the GOOGONE after I rinse.
Dale
Old 04-18-2007, 03:06 PM   #8

Donna & Chuck, we have used a product called Protect All. It cleans, polishes and protects just about everything. I have used it on all of the Ultra flex vinyl/leather with great results. It is terrific on countertops, mirrors and just about anything I have tried it on. It is one of the finest cleaners & polishes that I have ever seen. The only issue that I have had with Googone is it is strong. If you rub it hard you will turn your ultra leather/vinyl into suede. Even my wife agrees about the Protec All, which is most unusual.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:48 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
I use Protect All on our mirrors, windows and the shower stall, but have never tried it on the ultra leather or counter top. I'll have to do so, as I love it on glass and chrome.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:36 PM   #10

Thanks for the info. Chuck used the Armoral on the seats in the SUV once and I kept slipping out of the chair so I've never tried it in the coach.
I too use the Protect All for just about everything (love it in the shower) except had not used it on the ultra leather and the counter tops. I'll give it a try (actually Chuck will give it a try!)

dj

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Old 05-02-2007, 01:02 PM   #11

I have several "snagged" places on the Ultraleather of my RV driver's seat. Are there any products I can use to repair these before they get worse?
Old 05-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
snuggery,

I had some scuffs in the consul drawer. When I had it into the factory they called in a vinyl repairman. The repair is perfect, you can't tell where it was repaired.

Someone told me that they had used the vinyl repair kits that you get at the auto part store and it worked great.

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:07 AM   #13

I contacted the Flexsteel compay Customer Service department and here was their answer:

"Unfortunately we do not have any suggestions for this type of repair,
other than recover. We really do not recommend any repairs because they
usually fail down the road. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Thanks,
Lisa Bauer
Flexsteel RV Customer Service
563-585-8356"

Gee, what a great company!! If you accidentally scratch your expensive seat, just get a new one. After all, we are all wealthy RV owners!
Old 05-04-2007, 06:37 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We use saddle soap, it works great and keeps the leather soft. Get it at any feed & seed store.

offshore is offline   Reply With Quote