Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
Question Coach Cover ?

We want to purchase a cover for our Alpine.
Problem is, there is no ladder attached to the back.
Any ideas on how to put a cover on with no roof access?
If you have one, may I ask where purchased?

Thank you.

2002 Alpine 36MDDS
"Bali Hai"
Dreamacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2015, 10:05 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
I use a "Little Giant" clone or a standard extension ladder to access the roof for resealing, cleaning etc. The roof is plenty strong to walk on.

As to where to buy, I'm subscribing to the thread so I can find out too. I finally built an RV pad and will have to cover ours for a winter or two before I can cover it.

The above post is just my experience/opinion which is worth exactly what you paid for it.

'05 Lance 845/'06 F-250 or '99 Alpine 36SDS Usually towing an '01 Wrangler locked on 35"s or moderate '98 Cherokee on 33"s (rear locker only)
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:42 AM   #3
Alpine Owners Club
Ok, covered storage is better, because nothing is "trapped inside or on the roof/side" that cannot evaporate. A cover can trap water and it then leads to mold or possibly other problems. With that said, a neighbor has his Monaco covered, it's very lose, and he puts large blocks of foam to keep the cover off his roof. We get lots of wind around here, so he has several ropes around the whole thing to keep it from blowing off. Getting the cover up onto the roof is another thing, it must weigh a couple hundred pounds, and manhandling that weight up a ladder is dangerous at best. Give the cover idea some thought before you purchase. Camping world sells them, but check summit products and Prompt RV Sunscreen websites before you purchase. It must come in sections so it can be installed easy.
Monty & Janet - 2007 Alpine APEX 40 MDTS
S/N - 75715 - Retired - Master Certified RV Tech
Old Rv'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:19 AM   #4
I have been kicking around the idea of covering my MH. I have a brand new in the box cover that came with it. My other MH was never covered the whole time I owned it, 10 yrs, it had full body paint, and I had very little fading. I am leaning towards not covering this one either.

The lot that I store mine in is surrounded by agriculture and light industrial businesses so it is a pretty dirty environment. Very secure, but dirty. I am hesitating because I don't really want to deal with a filthy cover that weighs 75lbs or so. There is also a storage issue with the cover once you take it off. So, I'm still thinkin, but leaning towards not using it.

I have one of those telescopic ladders, in fact I just bought a new one from Amazon. It extends to 12 1/2 feet weighs about 25lbs and stores easily in a bin. Retracted its about 32" tall and about 24" wide, I can't remember the brand at the moment, but it has nice release latches and seems well made. I can look it up if you'd like the name. It can also be partially extended for window washing etc.

2005 Alpine
Alpine Coach........That's how Jaguar would've done it!
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:25 AM   #5
Alpine Owners Club
My only thought is that if you rely on the solar panels to keep the batteries charged while stored, then you'll be covering those up and thus negating their use. I considered using a cover when we lived in Colorado but covering the solar panels would've become a problem. If you keep the coach plugged in then there's no solar panel issue.
Bob Bowers (Surprise, AZ)
2003 Alpine Coach 40' FDTS
2014 Jeep Cherokee Lattitude
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #6
Alpine Owners Club
Terry, if you do find out what brand ladder you have please post cause im looking for a good ladder to get. Thanks
Dennis & Brenda
2006 Alpine Coach 40Fd Limited
2014 Cadillac Srx
dennismhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:30 PM   #7

I bought the XTEND & CLIMB 770P telescoping 12 1/2' ladder. Got it on Amazon, there are several brands, lengths, duty ratings and prices.

I don't have it here right now but I believe its 32" collapsed and about 24" wide. Fits flat on a shelf I added to the bin in front of the passenger side rear tire on my 40'.

The latch releases that let the ladder collapse are very nice and there is very little chance of smashing your fingers between the rungs.

2005 Alpine
Alpine Coach........That's how Jaguar would've done it!
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote