Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #1

coach rear ladder plastic endcaps

The ladder on my 2006 Alpine 34 (previded by Kimberly Mfg 574 264 4144, phone not working) has numerous cracked plastic step end caps. The ladder is the hinged in middle fold up type. Does anyone know of a source for these caps or a new contact number for the supplyer or possibly another source. Thanks much for your help.

Jerry Smith Alpine 34 06

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2011, 08:04 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
If your referring to the white plastic end caps on the round tubing, they can be purchased at Lowes or Home Depot. They're used on metal chair legs to prevent them from marring the floors.

RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #3

Thanks Rjay but the caps I am referring to are Black, rectangular, have three screws in the end and hold the step to the ladder itself. They have developed stress cracks perhaps from supporting my modest 235 lbs. I use the ladder alot to clean the roof and make repairs. Any advice is appreciated.
Jerry 2006 34 Alpine
Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Jerry, I have some extras. I think I ordered them from the factory. I'll check my notes for details. I'll have them with me at the Christmas in June rally at Bodega Bay and we can replace your critical ones. See you there. Matt
zinom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:34 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
FWIW - try calling Attwood Mfg, in Elkart, ID, and see if they have a handle on the parts, as it used to be a subsidary of the main co. However, one fellow we ran into last year, said WRV got all the ladders from an outfit in SoCal. He wa supposed to send me link or phone number, but never heard from him. SoCal members might know where the ladders came from.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:23 AM   #6

Zinom, Thank you for the offer. I look forward to seeing you at Bodega Bay.

Old RVer, Thanks for the lead. I will make the call and see if I can get to the source.

Jerry 2006 Alpine 34
Old 05-23-2011, 08:07 AM   #7

Good luck with Attwood. When we had our class C I tried emails & phone calls repeatedly for almost a month and never got an answer.

Oh, by the way, look on the underside of the steps. You might find a part number on a label or printed on the step itself. If not try to find the same ladder on someone else's rig and look for the part number. It should make it easier if you ever get a response from Attwood.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Jerry, I found the package they came in:
Atwood Mobile Products
Elkhart Operations #3
Home of Kimberly Products
201E. Simonton St. P.O.Box4236
Elkhart, IN 46514-0326
(574) 264-4144 Fax: (574) 262-2194

My ladder had a Kimberly Sticker on it at one time.
As I remember, it took several trys to get them; but when I did and explained the hazard created by the cracked end caps they were very responsive.
See ya next week.
Matt
zinom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #9

Matt, Thanks for the number. Unfortunately it is no longer a good number and there is no new number. I will try to locate something through the Atwood name. See you at Bodega Bay. Jerry
Old 05-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #10

I have the same problem with my rv. Here is a site you can go to and read about what some other rv'er did:
Ladder Repair - Plastic Ends
I emailed the lady that this other person contacted and she replied within one day. You can also check out and order the caps directly from this site:
Factory RV Surplus |
Good Luck!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #11

Thanks all for your replies. I found used end caps at RV Doctor George in Sacramento Ca. 916 927 7837. Dr George is a rv repair and RV salvage facility.

Jerry Smith 2006 34 Alpine