Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #1

Try these links for an excellent source of information that can be applied to our motorhomes. http://www.countrycoach.com/company/...de=tech_topics
http://www.countrycoach.com/company/..._topics#engine
At the Quartzsite rally in January I spoke at the owner/mfg. general meeting about having a website at WRV similiar to this technical link.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #2

Try these links for an excellent source of information that can be applied to our motorhomes. http://www.countrycoach.com/company/...de=tech_topics
http://www.countrycoach.com/company/..._topics#engine
At the Quartzsite rally in January I spoke at the owner/mfg. general meeting about having a website at WRV similiar to this technical link.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:34 AM   #3

Thanks for these links --- we are picking up our 1998 Alpine next Sat and we are reading all we can find as this is our first diesel. We are going to need all the help we can get! LOL -

2001 Jeep Wrangler
Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks, Beagle! These are a great resource!

I also talked to the factory reps about a similar technical resource within the WRV website. They assured me they will work on that as soon as the dust has settled with all of the adjustments they are making at the factory. We'll just have to keep bringing it up to keep it on their radar screen.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:00 AM   #5

http://www.serenitysys.com/beaver/
Here is another very good link from Beaver Motorhomes.
This is the type of information that I hope WRV will make available for those of us that would rather not go into a repair facility. If it is necessary to get repairs done then the shop that does the work can use this for a resource to help expedite the repairs. At $100 plus dollars an hour who wants to run the risk of having an apprentice mechanic flounder around looking for simple items they are not familiar with.(I was recently in a Alpine dealership and the tech didn't know where the refer fuse was!)
If you have other links please post them. Any comments will keep this on the top.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:16 AM   #6

The 'Beaver' tech page was somewhat of a dud. Sorry, I will post more tech pages when I find them. Below are some refrigerator tech pages.

http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/Tech_FAQ_Page.htm
http://www.rvmobile.com/Tech/Trouble/CoolingD.htm
Old 05-27-2007, 11:11 AM   #7

Beagle - what a great idea! Thanks, I just saved those web sites to my hard drive so we can look at them as needed. We get so many really great and useful ideas off this forum. Keep it up.

dj

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Donna & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #8

Tiffin tech library. Lot of interesting pages with good links. If WRV gets into a web tech page business I would like to see something like this. Also, a build sheet with pertinet make and model information would be very helpful. I find very little in the supplied owners manual to be helpful.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:50 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beagle RC Air:
Tiffin tech library. Lot of interesting pages with good links. If WRV gets into a web tech page business I would like to see something like this. Also, a build sheet with pertinent make and model information would be very helpful. I find very little in the supplied owners manual to be helpful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-29-2007, 03:21 PM   #10

I also find the Owner's Manual to be rather sketchy.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:05 PM   #11

Bob, There is already one bad guy on this side of the fence. You certainly do not want to be # 2. oops sorry # 3. How could I forget about Norm.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:21 AM   #12

Ted,

I do not understand your comment. Please elucidate.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:38 AM   #13

Some great info links. Thanks Beagle. I am keeping all this info along with everything else I am gathering and will soon be putting together a link where you all can acess it anytime. Keep up the good work and keep the info coming. I plan on trying to organize it into subchapters,brakes, aqua hot, batteries,etc. If any one has any ideas on this that maybe helpful let me know. Thanks Ron
Old 10-08-2007, 05:01 PM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
"OWNERS MANUAL" Is that the sketchbook with the stick figures and a map to Camp WRV and the nearest residential hotel... or is it the one with Burk's hand drawn diagrams that require the services of an Egyptian expert in hieroglyphics?

Norm (I yield to Barbara O')