Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2007, 02:14 PM   #1

A year ago I signed for a year with DirecTV for a program package @ 23.99 a month. A basic package but good for me. The last 2 month's I have been overcharged $10 a month @$33.99. Now I already called a month ago and they admit to the mistake and say they are going to make the changes this billing.I look today and not only did they not make the change but overcharge me another $10.
So I call Directv and they transfer me to someone {Scott} who again admits to the mistake but will only credit me the $20 toward "FUTURE PRGRAMMING" ...anotherwords, "I cannot give or credit you back your $20 but I will Credit it towards your future programming with us.Future programming means another "yearly signing commitment".
...NOW GOOD PEOPLE... It's not the $20, its the Principle !!! This is both dishonest and a disgusting way to do buisness.
I immediately told the gentlemen{Scott} that this would be my last month.
Now everyone....ah, What choices do I have left available to me ????

and.... for all those who have not committed on satelite programming.... The next thing I did was call call my master card credit company and get transfered to a department that handles complaints. I start to explain my situaton with Directv and she says...."Geeze..another Directv, we get alot from them !!!... Needless to say, I am not the first to get the "Squeeze from DirecTV"
I would strongly advise anybody new that has yet to commit to a satelite tv provider to look for other options to DirecTV if they are there. I will now be looking for one, myself.

I have sent e-mail to DirectV once again explaining that this is a unacceptable practice even if I had decided for another year.
It's like holding something back that belong's to someone UNLESS they Sign for MORE .
All I can say is..for a big company, they should all be ashamed of themselves.
I doubt I will hear back from them.
Wingding is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2007, 02:14 PM   #2

A year ago I signed for a year with DirecTV for a program package @ 23.99 a month. A basic package but good for me. The last 2 month's I have been overcharged $10 a month @$33.99. Now I already called a month ago and they admit to the mistake and say they are going to make the changes this billing.I look today and not only did they not make the change but overcharge me another $10.
So I call Directv and they transfer me to someone {Scott} who again admits to the mistake but will only credit me the $20 toward "FUTURE PRGRAMMING" ...anotherwords, "I cannot give or credit you back your $20 but I will Credit it towards your future programming with us.Future programming means another "yearly signing commitment".
...NOW GOOD PEOPLE... It's not the $20, its the Principle !!! This is both dishonest and a disgusting way to do buisness.
I immediately told the gentlemen{Scott} that this would be my last month.
Now everyone....ah, What choices do I have left available to me ????

and.... for all those who have not committed on satelite programming.... The next thing I did was call call my master card credit company and get transfered to a department that handles complaints. I start to explain my situaton with Directv and she says...."Geeze..another Directv, we get alot from them !!!... Needless to say, I am not the first to get the "Squeeze from DirecTV"
I would strongly advise anybody new that has yet to commit to a satelite tv provider to look for other options to DirecTV if they are there. I will now be looking for one, myself.

I have sent e-mail to DirectV once again explaining that this is a unacceptable practice even if I had decided for another year.
It's like holding something back that belong's to someone UNLESS they Sign for MORE .
All I can say is..for a big company, they should all be ashamed of themselves.
I doubt I will hear back from them.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:57 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
We have had Directv for about 5 years now without any problems. I recently made a change in my hardware deleting one receiver and was promptly billed correctly.
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:16 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
As I recall, you only have to sign annual commitments if DirecTV supplies your equipment for free. Since my receivers came with my coach, I am strictly on a month-to-month basis for DirecTV services. Like Jerry, I have had few issues with DirecTV.
TerryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #5

Well I guess I would like to ask you Jerry. Has Directv every overcharged you? Meaning have they owed you after a month instead of you them.

If you have Directv currently for 5 years, I am guessing that you have not been in a position where the company would have owed you. You will continue to owe them because you continue to use the service.
I am in a different situation where they owe me and I do not have current programing they will be able to credit it to....
and also refuse to be FORCED to BUY service in order to receive the $20 they already owe me.
Thats what this is all about.
I am sure in some ways they will play fair. But if they owe you and your term is up... To turn around and say that in essence: "We will give back our mistake only if you continue to use our service"..... is down right dirty.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:58 PM   #6

Hi TerryM,
I also have my own receiver. What it was, was a certain programming special that they do not offer anymore and is nowhere to be found on the current site.To get it you had to commit for 1 year.{With or without equipment} I am guessing that hardly anybody got the $23.99 special for one year that was normally $33.99.
Or in my case 10 months of $23.99 and 2 of $33.99

It ended or ends feb 12th 2007 for me.
Is there anybody out there that subscribed to the 1-year@ 23.99 ?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:05 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
I went to Directv back when we got our Alpine as it came with the automatic dish that only worked with Directv. They have always been good about taking care of problems. I was having problems with my HDTivo at home and wasn't happy that they did not have Tivo available on the latest equipment. Wanting to be able to have Tivo not just DVR I did some research and found that more people were unhappy with Dish network than Directv.

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:16 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
I've been with DirecTV since the early 1990s and currently have 2 receivers at home (1 of them HDTV) and 1 in the RV. I've not had any overbilling problems with them, and despite some confusion on their part a few years back regarding how to handle part-time RV-based receivers (they now treat the RV receiver as just another mirrored receiver for which I pay $4.99/month), I have no real complaints.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote