Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:25 AM   #1

Coolant level sensor

I have a 2007 Alpine Apex 400 ISL and need a new coolant level sensor but some of the part numbers are missing on mine. Could someone please send me the number off thiers? The sensor is located on the backside of the surge tank.

leontpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #2

I don't have the #'s, but I thought that was the temp sensor for the gauge (there is a separate on for the ECM). Are you getting Low Coolant alarm w/coolant above that gizmo?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #3

Coolant sensor and alternator replacement

Mike... I'm just guesing that it is a level sensor from where it is located, although you could be right. I will leave it disconneted and see what warning or error code comes up. When I unplugged the sensor to replace the alternator I noticed that the sensor was leaking coolant internally. I have had coolant sensors leak and coolant follow the wiring all the way back to ECM and short it out.

If you every need a replacement alternator for the 160amp Leece-Neville that comes on Alpines the 200 amp Delco-Remy series 28SI J-180 long hinge part #8600307 is a good choice. I found them at Turbo Electric Co in Phoenix for $325. plus tax.

Leon
leontpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #4

Per Tom Cook who replaced his surge tank recently due to rust-thru (had a new one made by a local radiator shop, gave them his for a pattern but if you need to do this & have time- PM me as I have a paper copy of the original shop drawing from WRV),

The coolant sensor is Ford part#XC4Z10D968AA SENSOR ASY, PAID $28.92 FOR THE PART AT FORD DEALER IN SAN ANTONIO, TX