Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:19 PM   #1

Has anyone had this problem. All my countertop outlets and central vacuum are dead{no voltage}
I have traced it underneath in the storage compartment to a juntion box next to the cable reel on the ceiling {Square 4 inch box} it is dead in that junction box. I next trace it to a junction box underneath the kitchen sink. I have not checked it there with a VOM yet but thought I would ask first. You know I was getting a intermitting open from that Central vaccum before...now it is just dead always. It is on the kitchen slide and three Black electical cables are taped together going between those two junction boxes.{Under sink and storage bay ceiling next to the cable reel}
Does anyone know what circuit breaker controls that circuit???{Vacuum and countertop outlets}

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2006, 11:19 PM   #2

Has anyone had this problem. All my countertop outlets and central vacuum are dead{no voltage}
I have traced it underneath in the storage compartment to a juntion box next to the cable reel on the ceiling {Square 4 inch box} it is dead in that junction box. I next trace it to a junction box underneath the kitchen sink. I have not checked it there with a VOM yet but thought I would ask first. You know I was getting a intermitting open from that Central vaccum before...now it is just dead always. It is on the kitchen slide and three Black electical cables are taped together going between those two junction boxes.{Under sink and storage bay ceiling next to the cable reel}
Does anyone know what circuit breaker controls that circuit???{Vacuum and countertop outlets}

Old 11-14-2006, 03:32 AM   #3

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Wingding, in my coach, all of those outlets are connected though the gfi in the bathroom. Try resetting it.

If it is that simple, don't be embarrassed. The same thing happened to me years ago with our 96 Beaver. I spent DAYS troubleshooting before I found a gfi buried in back of the kitchen cabinet behind all the pots & pans.
Basil Shannon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:18 AM   #4

The GFI in the shower area next to the sink would be my guess, I have been bitten by this also.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:55 PM   #5

Basil,
That was it !!! But I was fooled because when I seen your thread, I immediately checked the only GFI I knew of to the right of the sink next to my shower. Unfortunately it was ok. Giving up on it for more serious problems with my Hydro-hot system, I just recently discovered through looking at electrical prints that there is a GFI located inside the bathroom {I have a 40'quad slide and a secondary bathroom sink}
Well ! I made my way to that bathroom and secrutinized every detail. Underneath the medicine cabinet is a GFI completely hidden from eye view secured to the bottom right side with the outlets pointing towards the floor !!!!! When I got bent down to eye level of it, there it was....With a much desired red light reflecting back my stupidity....either way I basked in happiness, for it makes one less thing to solve.

Well you hit it on the head! I never realized there was a GFI way down there...
Now if I can only crack this Hydro-hot wiring deal, I'll be good to go ! Thanks for your help.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:45 AM   #6

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Greetings from Branson, America's Best Campground,

Where is everybody? Thought we were having another rally here. HA! For Thanksgiving the campground provided turkey, dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes and you had to bring a dish. Great! I looked for toilet paper up in the rafters but did not see any.

Wingding, glad you found your hidden GFI. What is your Hydro-Hot doing? One thing to check is to pop the cover off the control panel and look for loose wires on the terminal strip on the left side. We found a loose wire that fixed one problem we had.

Two weeks ago, after 10 months of full time use, our Hydro-Hot would not light in diesel mode. It turned out to be gunked up electrodes on the ignitor. As long as they had it torn apart, I had them do the yearly nozzle and fuel filter change and clean the combustion chamber.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:12 AM   #7

In all probability, I would have Hydro Hot in my next unit. But, if I follow the discussions on this forum, I wonder if having continuous hot water and zoned heat is worth the initial cost or the necessary maintenance required. I have had problems with neighboring units making noise in the night that apparantly the owner doesn't hear. The path that I am currently following is moving with the sun where coach heating is not a problem. The heat pumps seem to take care of the timing problems moving from one climate zone to another. Show me the errors of my thinking.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:03 AM   #8

The real sexiness of the HHot (imo) is the whisper-quiet compared to the rattle & roar of the sheet metal furnace. Especially when I can run off electric, then it is sweeet.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:43 PM   #9

Basil,
I am getting no heat out of my bathroom and bedroom vents. The circulator pump #2 does work when we bridge the 2 yellow wires on the JP1 plug. Actually I have a detailed account in Wayne Routhier's "Hydro-Hot" and fulltimers" second page of the thread. It's a pretty gruesome account so If anyone is "faint of heart" maybe best not to read. Basically I had a unaccountable "melt down" with absolutely no explanation of what might have happened...
Old 11-26-2006, 06:30 AM   #10

http://www.vehiclesys.com/manuals.htm

Wingding,since you tied the two yellow wires together to make the circulation pump work, then I deduct you are running the shop manual section 7.8 troubleshooting procedure. Did you check the thermostat portion of that procedure? Otherwise I see nothing else in the shop manual describing your problem. I would call their tech support.

I don't know where you are but heat is a good thing this time of year. It is supposed to get COLD here in Branson on Wednesday and we're outta here heading to Texas on Tuesday morning.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:37 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Have you tried resetting the tiny hidden C/B's?If you can't find them give me a call.(813-215-1787)