Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Crack at slide

Hey anyone...I have a diagonal crack at the bottom corner of the rear slide. Does anyone have info on this situation.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Welcome to WRV's good workmanship. Lots of folks have the crack at the bottom/rear of the bedroom and vanity slide. WRV did not reinforce the wall enough is my guess. I had both slides showing cracks, had the wreck, and the body shop fixed them, I think one of them is showing up again. If it really bugs you, drill a small hole at the furthest point of the crack, and that should stop it from walking more. Fill it up with gel coat, and repaint if necessary. I put clear silicone caulk over mine, and let it be.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #3

I also had a crack at the forward corner of the bedroom slide on my 2001. It was not unusual and I believe I have a diagram or picture of the fix that WRV recommended at the time. What year is your coach and where is the crack. I does require body shop skin removal and an addition of a brace in about a 12" by 12" area.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
crack at slide

hey
Mine is a 2001 also, crack is also bottom forward bedroom. Any help would be appreciated. Pic would be great.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #5

I am not good at this copying stuff, and I was unable to attach the word document I created into this reply due to its size. My repair was done in 2008. Had a small diagonal crack, 12 - 18" long at the front lower corner of the slide, but on the sidewall. I originally looked like a ripple/line bulge and was due to the slide weight stress on that area so it needed reinforcement. WRV supplied pictures and drawings for the fix which are the first items on the word document I have created. The drawings are hard to read originally and worse in copying. The last pictures are the repair on my coach.

Since I can't attach it if you send me a personal email with your email address I will forward my 2003 word document to you with what I have.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #6

Here is the file in PDF form.
I'll also get it posted to the ACA Tech Library for posterity
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cracked bedroom slide sidewall repair.pdf (1.45 MB, 92 views)

Tags
slide