Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #15

I have had some issues with my main slid creeping in. The HWH web site does have a great troubleshooting manual. I've used it twice over the last two years with great success.
I talked with an HWH technician and was told to cycle the hydraulics all the way in then all the way out or the opposit depending on your crep and not to just opperate slider the few inches to recover from creeping. I was also told to keep the hydraulics pumping 10 to 15sec after full slide operation. Replacing solenoids are no big deal maybe 30min to an hour each if that.
Shinecasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #16

Good Info !! Thanks
Old 05-11-2006, 01:41 AM   #17

Jim, the 10 seconds should not put any stress on the unit. Typically the hydraulic system brings the slide in as far as posssible. There is a pre-determined valve that opens with excess hyd. pressure and the hyd. fluid just goes in a circle within its own system.Personally I would think that 10 seconds would be more than enough. It does create some additional stress on the hydraulic pump so I personally would not do more than about 10 seconds. It certainly would not be a bad idea to check with HWH.
If the creeping slide really concerns you possibly you could put large eyebolts in both interior walls and put a cable with a turnbuckle in it so you could tighten as necassary. Depending on the height of the cable I would be very cautious how you walked around. I also do not think the other half would care for this method even a little bit.
Enjoy & good luck.

Ted & Carol
2005 Alpine 2005 34' FDDS
2006 PT Cruiser GT
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:44 AM   #18

Dale, thanks for the tip on the HWH info. It is very good info. Out of curiosity how did you determine what manual to use?

Ted & Carol
2005 Alpine 2005 34' FDDS
2006 PT Cruiser GT
Old 05-11-2006, 05:34 AM   #19

Ted,

To determine what manual to use, I called HWH tech support who told me what my HWH model number was, after I described my coach year/model and other info about the hydraulics.

Dale
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:25 AM   #20

Ted- I think if my wife saw the eye-bolt/turnbuckle additions to her coach, she'd think of some new uses for the apparatus that I might not enjoy very much
Old 05-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #21

Dale, thanks for the response on the HWH.

Mike, I am certain our wives would get along very well.

Ted
Old 05-12-2006, 06:03 AM   #22

Thanks all,

can't find any leaks, I'll try holding the switch a little longer.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #23

Maybe I'm being naive, but I see no sense in
continuing to energize the slideout extend/retract valve after you hear the hyd system squealing. The squealing is an indication that the hyd pressure relief valve is activated. Continuing to hold down the rocker switch is not going do anything more to extend, retract or lock the slide in position.
bigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:20 PM   #24

bigfish,

I can only suggest that you call HWH to see if they recommend what a couple of us have been told, "... to continue pressing the RETRACT button for some number of seconds after the slide has been fully retracted." If you get a different story from HWH, then we would like to hear that.

Dale
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:25 AM   #25

Sure glad that I have been reading the forum. We have an Alpine 40' FDTS. We have had the coach since March 28. We have had several problems and we are trying to keep a positive attitude. Our galley slide has just started the creeping back out about 1 1/2". We called Coach Care in Spokane, WA and they are going to fit us in. We also have a problem with the step floor cover. Went to slide it back in and three screws fell out and it stopped. It now sticks out 4 1/2" inches over the top step. Hoping to get that fixed too.

The jacks don't seem to level the coach properly and that effects the ability to close our bathroom door. Anyone else having this problem?

This is our 5th MH, hope we didn't make a mistake picking this one. It drives like a dream so we are keeping positive.

This forum is the best!!
datibbitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:39 AM   #26

Tid-
The slide creep for me was a leaking hydraulic line connection; you should be able to find the drip. On mine it was at one of the 90? connections; hold the 90 & twist the adjacent hex to tighten.
Can't help on the step cover.
On the leveling, can you manually level it after the auto-level tries? And is the auto-level failure systematic (always mis-levels the same, e.g. always low to the driver's side)? If it is systematic, the daughter board has to be reset to properly level by a service facility. If you can override, that'll get you to HWH service.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #27

The final resolution for my creepy chain drive curbside slide was to replace the Lifter Assy MSTR Left (item AP31217 HWH Dwg AP32555 A/B). This device has a button actuator that extends to operate the lift arms. Seal around this button actuator failed and would leak hydraulic fluid allowing pressure to bleed off and slide to creep out.
Only took HWH and the Coach Care facility 3 months to figure it out, but then thats another bigfish story.
BTF
bigfish is offline   Reply With Quote