RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:22 PM   #1

Cruise control not working

Can someone tell me what I may need to check if my 2004 Alpine cruise control is not working. The light comes on but it will not set.

Jack

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2018, 02:35 PM   #2

Is your brake pedal releasing completely? Check to see if your brake lights are staying on. Had that happen once.

Old 09-19-2018, 04:47 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Check to see if your bake lights are working. If not, this could be the culprit. Others have found this to be the solution. Hope this helps.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Do you have an engine brake or exhaust brake? Many MHs don't allow the exhaust/engine brake and the cruise contol to both be active at the same time.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:08 AM   #5

Cruise Control

Thanks I will check to see if the brake light is working and also see if my jack brake is on. I don't believe my Jack brake is on I think I would know.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:11 AM   #6

Cruise ontrol

Cumming said it could be a smart wheel but I don't know what or where it may be. Anyone know where it may be locate?
Old 09-20-2018, 06:04 PM   #7

….not to be an SA but the "smart wheel" is the steering wheel [with all the buttons on it] that is in front of you when you are sitting in the driver's seat. The control module for the SW is on the front bulkhead, under the dash--usually in front of the driver's position. There is a lot of discussion about SW problems on this forum. Everything from: "clock-spring issues, to shorted wires in column, to dirty contacts on multi-pin connectors for buttons in wheel, to stop-light switch, to replacement of the electronic module in the wheel. Roll up your sleeves, there are no "magic bullets" on this one.....
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:11 AM   #8

Cruise Control Not Working

Thank You to everyone for there help, I did find that the brake lights are staying on when the MH key is turned on. I replaced the switch that is connected to the peddle but the lights are still staying on. Anyone know of another switch or something I should check next? I was told to pull the fuse but that doesn't make sense to me but I will try anything right now.

Help Jack
Old 09-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #9

…..believe your 2004 uses Vansco Comm modules...not sure if there is any interface between Vansco and the CC but might be worth a try to reset your Vansco modules now that you installed a new brake light switch....simple procedure to reset....just turn off chassis battery kill switch at rear of coach in bat compartment....allow switch to remain off for a few minutes, then turn on again....shot in the dark here but won't cost you any money to try it.....
PS--did you confirm new switch is interrupting the circuit with brake pedal is in off position?????
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:14 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackduncan View Post
Thank You to everyone for there help, I did find that the brake lights are staying on when the MH key is turned on. I replaced the switch that is connected to the peddle but the lights are still staying on. Anyone know of another switch or something I should check next? I was told to pull the fuse but that doesn't make sense to me but I will try anything right now.

Help Jack

Is the switch adjusted so that when the pedal is not being pushed the switch is in the open position? Disconnect the wires and determine if the switch works properly. You may need to just adjust the switch.
DrDaveMA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:27 AM   #11

Brake Lights Staying on

Thanks Bob but when I had the switch in my hand I did not see anywhere to make any adjustments on the old or new switch.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:33 AM   #12

had the same thing and brake pedal was not returning all the way up.

Tags
cruise control